Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury 2015 Ticket day fast approaching!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've been to all the last 16 but missed out for the first time ever yesterday.

I think the way it is now does give an unfair advantage to those with access to better connections and faster server speeds - or those who can afford ultra-fast broadband. Heard about someone who got tickets because her banker husband went into work so he could use the office computers and got through straight away. It's a shame they've got rid of the phone lines, as at least they were more democratic.

There's also something to be said about rewarding persistence. When it used to take a few hours to sell out, the people who are not that bothered stop trying after a while leaving the more determined with a better chance. One year I remember they went on sale at 9 in the evening on a Sunday. I stayed up all night and eventually got through at 6am. You can't say that wasn't well deserved!

The loyalty issue is also an interesting point. Of course newcomers should be encouraged, but it would be nice to reward those who have supported the festival for many years- perhaps by having an advance sale of a few thousand tickets.

I don't agree, I think it is a fair system, it just luck. Three times I've managed to get tickets within five minutes of them going on sale, last three times I've missed out. It's an incredibly popular event, and deservedly so, as it knocks every other festival into a cocked hat imo. You just have accept that may have to miss out. I think everyone who pays to go feels incredibly lucky to attend Galastonbury and that is a major factor in the atmosphere being so good there.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
They could take a similar approach to the Olympics, basically you register your interest for the ticket and provide payment details and then a ballot is drawn at random.

Or lots of big sporting events these days e.g Rugby World Cup.

Got to be the fairest way!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think they do at all, my misses managed to get on twice using her mums dodgy old computer and slow arse Internet, chuffed to be going tho irrelevant how she got them and don't think there really is any fairer way of doing it.

The reason I ask is that I was trying to book a restaurant this morning and it is hugely over-subscribed but they explain how the system works for them. Everyone who is logged on at the time reservations open is randomly assigned a position in the queue. And when it is your turn you go through to the site and reserve accordingly. The site is live though, so if you sit around doing nothing reservations go. I assumed this is how it works in general?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The amount of people I see on social media that are going who are into neither music or drugs concerns me. What a waste.

Maybe they should drugs test everyone who wants to apply? If you fail the drugs-test you're allowed to book a ticket?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Maybe they should drugs test everyone who wants to apply? If you fail the drugs-test you're allowed to book a ticket?

I'd be in full support of that. Failing that, some form of music knowledge/ drug intake based questionaire might be sufficient.

I'm not a tyrant, I'm not insisting that they pass both areas. A sufficient knowledge of one or the other would be fine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or lots of big sporting events these days e.g Rugby World Cup.

Got to be the fairest way!

Is it the fairest way? I feel a ballot encourages half-arsed people to flippantly apply for tickets. At least with the current system you know that everyone who got a ticket actually organised themselves and tried to get a ticket.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Is it the fairest way? I feel a ballot encourages people to flippantly apply for tickets. At least with the current system you know that everyone who got a ticket actually organised themselves and tried to get a ticket.

And didn't, like some people posting slightly bitterly on this thread, get too drunk the night before and oversleep.

Still there's always the resale.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I did try and get tickets this year using 4 computers including one work laptop trying connected via a US VPN in a test to see whether foreign connections stood a better chance of connecting. However, I wasn't trying for myself, I was trying for my brother who asked for my help to maximize his chances. It didn't work.

I remember back in the early 2000's advising a work colleague to try faxing in a ticket order, and it worked!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You can happily spend a week there without going to see a band and not get bored and I help run a 12 step meeting there so I know you can do it without drugs. Take off those blinkers, man.

My tongue was ever so slightly in my cheek if you have a look at my other posts on the thread. I missed out due to my own idiocy, so slightly bitter.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
How do you propose they sell them? The current system seems about as fair as you can get, and you get a second bite of the cherry in April.
Possibly a ballot type system.

A system where someone doesn't get their 20th year in a row and someone misses their 5th in a row... All just down to pure luck.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
We missed out in the coaches and thought genuinely we were just not going to get in - especially after breezing it the previous two years to the extent I got up on the Sunday and got through for friends even though I had coach tickets.

We had 8 trying for 6 as 2 were repaying the favour; some didn't even get into the site, 3 got to enter details of which 2 got to payment and finally my gf managed to get them.

SOO lucky and I feel genuinely bad about those who can't go. I thought about the ticket if process after we were unsuccessful for coaches and couldn't think of a fairer way though. You want everyone to get a fair crack and that first glastonbury is special so I wouldn't want to deny people the chance of that with a loyalty system.

It's 3/3 for me though so fully expect karma to bite for 2016!!

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
this year succeeded in main sale ,resale last year nothing year before..
ticket sale is about as fair as you can get. prefer more time before sold out though, repay those that persevere.
personally I dislike the deposit scheme.it lets those that only go for the music reserve tickets just in case they want to go later..
pay your money, whether you like the line up or not.
Herr Tub are you up for it this year?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
this year succeeded in main sale ,resale last year nothing year before..
ticket sale is about as fair as you can get. prefer more time before sold out though, repay those that persevere.
personally I dislike the deposit scheme.it lets those that only go for the music reserve tickets just in case they want to go later..
pay your money, whether you like the line up or not.

The line-up is still not confirmed until after the resale (although there are usually pretty strong rumours by then). I'm pinning all my hopes on the resale this year. I think there'll be more tickets up for grabs as the early sell-out means there was probably quite a lot of speculative buyers who aren't Glasto die-hards.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Foo Fighters the first headliner confirmed for the Friday night.

Happy with that, a great live band and some brilliant songs, first performance at Glastonbury since 98 so I'm hoping for big things.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
After my tirade of bitterness earlier in the thread, I'm happy to report I'm now going.

I'm not impressed with Foo Fighters but many will be, fair enough. I'd like there to be one "heritage" wow headliner (preferably Prince.) I hear that Coldplay are nailed on for one of the other headlines as part of a "farewell" tour.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
After my tirade of bitterness earlier in the thread, I'm happy to report I'm now going.

I'm not impressed with Foo Fighters but many will be, fair enough. I'd like there to be one "heritage" wow headliner (preferably Prince.) I hear that Coldplay are nailed on for one of the other headlines as part of a "farewell" tour.

Sadly I think its going to be Adele Saturday and Coldplay Sunday. Personally I cant see how Adeles Songs would work at a large festival, it would be a complete buzzkill.

AC DC are headling Coachella, could be an interesting Saturday night performance.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Sadly I think its going to be Adele Saturday and Coldplay Sunday. Personally I cant see how Adeles Songs would work at a large festival, it would be a complete buzzkill.

AC DC are headling Coachella, could be an interesting Saturday night performance.

I heard Taylor Swift on Saturday, which might just work. I strongly doubt I'd be there though. I'd really hope that one of the headliners is a unifying heritage act with strong critical and commercial heritage, a Fleetwood Mac or Prince or something like that. I'd be up for AC/DC but unlikely if the Foos are already confirmed, I suspect.

Sadly it looks like I'm going to be disappointed. Nay bother there's plenty else going on aside from the Pyramid headliner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here