Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury 2014

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Agreed on both the coverage and Arcade Fire. Elbow and Blondie for me last night and caught up with Parquet Courts and Four Tet this morning. I've now tried Arcade Fire three times and every time I think "just a fat Duran Duran". What am I missing?

Blondie were superb. Elbow I really like and their billing was superb but I just thought their set last night was all a bit bland to be honest. Watched the Kaiser Chefs and it would appear Ricky Wilson has become a bit of a bellend since his stint on the poor mans X Factor. Four Tet I really enjoyed, Rudimential I thought were good fun. Just seen a couple of tracks from Lykke Li (who I'll admit, I'd never head of) and was very good. Jurassic 5 weren't bad either.

As for Arcade Fire, it's horses for courses, allot of people think they are superb as this thread has shown. For me it's all a bit meh and gimmicky. But there you go, each to their own and all that.

Not that they ever got any BBC coverage but disappointed to see no Mundo Jazz this year. When you've had a day of booze, pills, potions and lotions discovering a South American band with a Russian drummer singing songs about Quincy is just about enough to blow your mind!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Cobblers. I can't stand the BBC, they just about manage to **** up everything they do but every year their coverage of Glastonbury is superb and this year is no different so far. It was on BBC2, 3 and 4 plus the red button last night. That is before you look online .

Well, we're in opposing camps then because I love the BBC, but the choice of on demand stuff from earlier on the day that was avaiable last night was distinctly average, one track by jungle, de la soul, blonde and a couple of others. I also thought what they chose to air live was distinctly middle of the road - elbow, lily Allen, Paulo nuntini etc.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
There seems to be quite a lot on catch up from yesterday. Just watched full sets from Four Tet and Wild Beasts to start the day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
one bloody track from De La Soul - piss poor

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Every year that Wolves flag gets pole position, stunning work from the guy called John who plants it there. LUFC and Charlton prominent as well this year. I always hope to see BHA one year...

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Really enjoying lana del rey at the moment, I know she's a bit marmite, I'm definitely in.

Some great stuff so far four tet, arcade fire, jurassic 5, fat white's,interpol, sun ra all very worth watching on catch up.

Sean Kuti is my big tip for this evening, unbelievable energy at Primavera last month. Son of the legendary Fela Kuti. ESG should be excellent n'all. Loads of better known treats as well!

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If it's not pissing it down during LDR's set a few music mags are going to have to rewrite their tagline for her Glasto performance.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Maybe just me, but I do struggle with Glasto presenters Jen Long, Greg James and Gemma Cairney. Must be the Radio One factor I guess. The late night crew of Jo Wiley and Lauren Laverne etc are so much better imho.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Really enjoying lana del rey at the moment, I know she's a bit marmite, I'm definitely in.

Some great stuff so far four tet, arcade fire, jurassic 5, fat white's,interpol, sun ra all very worth watching on catch up.

Sean Kuti is my big tip for this evening, unbelievable energy at Primavera last month. Son of the legendary Fela Kuti. ESG should be excellent n'all. Loads of better known treats as well!

I was at that set too. It was amazing! The Glastonbury set looked rubbish in comparison - typical victim of poor English festival scheduling.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just caught a bit of Debbie Harry. Jesus, it's shocking.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Brighton band Royal Blood. Astonishing performance and sound from just a two man band

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here