Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury 2014

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Some pretty vile vomit-making quotes in there

- 'I’ll be sitting on a fold-up seat on a Somerset hillside among fellow music-lovers, perhaps munching on a gourmet wrap and sipping a chilled sauvignon blanc whilst experiencing a soothing foot massage and hopefully enjoying the performance of some world-class musicians who don’t equate their art with physical suffering'

'This is about supply and demand. There are all kinds of festivals tempting different audiences but if you are trying to run the greatest show on earth, it is probably wise to cater to the requirements of the kind of people who will pay a premium to attend it.'

Not just the Telegraph, Evening Standard was at it as well last night.

Corporates killed the vibe stone dead, same as they do to anything they deem worthy of 'paying a premium' to price ordinary people out of. Same as the DFL's are doing their best to do to Brighton.

As always, these creeps know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Parquet courts followed by Interpol on the red button superb.

God I miss going to Glastonbury. Next year definitely.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I knew Editors and Interpol were similar, but I didn't realise their sound/vocal was that similar!

Shout out to Jungle as well - great stuff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I knew Editors and Interpol were similar, but I didn't realise their sound/vocal was that similar!

They're similar in the same way as Coldplay and Radiohead are similar (ie only at first glance, and one (Interpol) has tonnes more depth and nuance than the other...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Corporates killed the vibe stone dead, same as they do to anything they deem worthy of 'paying a premium' to price ordinary people out of.

What have "corporates" got to do with Glastonbury?

albionite

May 20, 2009

Same as The National. Them and Interpol came first and the editors copied their sound. As much as I like editors the other 2 do it better but not as well known over here.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bbc coverage has been dire so far. So it's the storms is it?

Cobblers. I can't stand the BBC, they just about manage to **** up everything they do but every year their coverage of Glastonbury is superb and this year is no different so far. It was on BBC2, 3 and 4 plus the red button last night. That is before you look online or on the wireless.

Arcade Fire do nothing for me but they must have showed their set from pretty much start to finish. Hopefully they'll do the same with Metallica tonight and Kasabian tomorrow.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cobblers. I can't stand the BBC, they just about manage to **** up everything they do but every year their coverage of Glastonbury is superb and this year is no different so far. It was on BBC2, 3 and 4 plus the red button last night. That is before you look online or on the wireless.

Arcade Fire do nothing for me but they must have showed their set from pretty much start to finish. Hopefully they'll do the same with Metallica tonight and Kasabian tomorrow.

Agreed on both the coverage and Arcade Fire. Elbow and Blondie for me last night and caught up with Parquet Courts and Four Tet this morning. I've now tried Arcade Fire three times and every time I think "just a fat Duran Duran". What am I missing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here