Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To whet your appetite.

YouTube

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I will be bang up for this. He plays a full retrospective of everything he has been involved with apparently.

I believe the Good Times riff is the most sampled riff by other artists ever

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Definitely going to try and get a resale ticket.

Would rather drive tetanus-laden rusty nails through my helmet than see Mumford and Sons though. Hopefully Portishead will be on at the same time. Would love to see the Stones.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definitely going to try and get a resale ticket.

Would rather drive tetanus-laden rusty nails through my helmet than see Bumford and Sons though. Hopefully Portishead will be on at the same time. Would love to see the Stones.

I have corrected you

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As I have always said, it's the best festival around. And the original poster has only highlighted the music on offer. There is tons more stuff.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant line up, not that it really affects how good the festival is.

**** Buttons' album Tarot Sport is one of the more interesting electronic albums of the last few years, Andrew Weatherall produced it. You should take a listen.

****! Just saw Nas on the line up!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Never been and sadly, probably never will.

Looks a fantastic list but is there some frustration where acts that you want to see are appearing on different stages at the same time?

Bath Festival 1970 was so much simpler :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks a fantastic list but is there some frustration where acts that you want to see are appearing on different stages at the same time?

Not really. You learn pretty quicky you cannot see everything you want to see. And to be honest it is a waste if you just charge around the site ticking off bands as you will miss out on all the other weird and random magic Glastonbury has to offer. I typically choose 4-5 bands max to see each day and if some clash so be it. I also lean towards seeing bands I would not otherwise pay to watch. Jay Z is a great example as it is not my thing but the show he put on at Glasto was excellent; he is a true entertainer and did a set very specific to the festival and with a lot of humour thrown in for good measure. That red-head female pianist who's name escapes me is another example; I was quite blown away by her.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Never been and sadly, probably never will.

Bath Festival 1970 was so much simpler :)

yeah you do always get some horrible clashes and its neigh on impossible to make a plan and stick to it, but i recomend glasto to everybody to go to at least once in there lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here