Giving Up The Internet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted User X18H

Anyone ever considered it? Getting rid of the mobile phone as well while you're at it?

You have the internet and a mobile phone in Hollingdean? People must think you're a Wizard of some kind.

' He was talking to people 'enry , into a little box - outside the Stabber if you please!'

'Murial, how many times must I tell you, Stabber ain't in the 'dean no more - it in that Fiveway Villiage'

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Do go out occasionally now without the phone - felt a bit odd to start with but never understood people who are out with friends or at a meal and yet they spend half an evening face down reading aimless texts. Far more respectable and better to dedicate yourself to the people that you are out with !

This with bells on. There are so many rude b******s that will be flicking around on their phone whe supposedly in a conversation with someone else! I LOVE being out without my phone - I find it strangely liberating!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I was at the Bristol Balloon festival and was approached by a woman with a clipboard who asked which phone company I was with.When I said BT she looked a bit lost,then said "er,mobile phone ?" I said "What ?"

And I've never used the internet.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I could definitely live without my mobile phone, I just don't feel the need for everyone to be able to contact me no matter where I am. We managed to survive with just a phone in the house for long enough, why not now? Internet on the other hand, no way could I do without.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Giving up Internet for me would be like giving up newspapers, books and radio 20 years ago. If you don't want to be enlightened then fair enough. Sit in the shadows and miss the world going by.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think it is fair to say a fair few of us could cut down though, I do worry about the number of wasted hours spent on the net. In fact, I am now going to turn off my laptop and go to the gym.....

And I've never used the internet.

How did your 6712 posts get here then, carrier pigeon?

Need the internet for work (I work from home) but could probably cut down a lot of idle surfing, NSC for instance.

Manage to survive a fortnights holiday in France without internet access or withdrawal symptoms. Use my mobile for the occasional call and texts, is capable of internet access but frankly I cant be ars*ed to set it up.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Conveniently side stepping the question...

...I heard on the radio today about a new thing sweeping across the USA - Mirror Fasting. The idea is to deny yourself looking in a mirror in order to build your self confidence. Whatever next?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Closest I get is when I have a load of work to do and put my phone in my desk draw - this helps avoid temptation to look at NSC or other distracting sites. I just leave the ringer on at a decent volume in case anyone needs to call me, or my missis sends me a picture of her tits.

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
Could I give up my Internet connection? Hell No.

However I would consider giving up the mobile. The only thing I would miss would be the mobile internet and apps. Being constantly available is a pain in the arse. Personally I do tend to turn it off on occasion which tends to meet with astonishment when people tell me they tried to ring me, just because I have a mobile doesn't mean I want to be at everyone's beck and call 24/7. If it's that important leave me a message and I will get back to you eventually (when I pick up my messages :) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports