Giving Up The Internet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I need the internet at work, but I could give it up at home. It makes life easier, but I could live without it.

Mobile phone is more of a necessity, but not an essential. Quite often it will be switched off for days on end. Life continues.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Do go out occasionally now without the phone - felt a bit odd to start with but never understood people who are out with friends or at a meal and yet they spend half an evening face down reading aimless texts. Far more respectable and better to dedicate yourself to the people that you are out with !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There's got to be a backlash at some point, no matter how far ahead that may be. Quintissential to most peoples work and personal lives, but so much of our lives are consumed with staring at screens.

In the event of a nuclear war the only two things that would survive would be cockroaches and North Stand Chat.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Do go out occasionally now without the phone - felt a bit odd to start with but never understood people who are out with friends or at a meal and yet they spend half an evening face down reading aimless texts. Far more respectable and better to dedicate yourself to the people that you are out with !

Completely agree. I do have to take my phone with me at all times as I am first escalation contact for the office guys on call 24/7, but it usually stays in my pocket unless it rings.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Totally agree

Al (Seeya Friday)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports