Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Given that one draw won't help us...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We're certainly going to get 0 points out of 6.

Best chance, is doing what we did 2nd half v Newcastle, v Arsenal.

Hughton won't see it that way im sure. This is only relevant anyway if Cardiff win, but if they do, I reckon we'll get another parked bus, in hope of a point. At least that way, however unlikely it may seem, we'll still only need a point on last day, if Cardiff could do the unthinkable, rather than needing to beat city.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I knew CH was on NSC!

If having a go means being gung-ho attacking I think it reduces our chances of winning. Our best bet is to make it scrappy, stay in the game and have a go in the last 20 minutes. I think it's kamikaze to go toe to toe with Arsenal the way they play and the players we have. A draw there still gives us a remote chance of collecting a further point against City at home which would make it impossible for Cardiff to catch us.

I'd like to see a repeat of the Spurs performance with a little more attacking intent but not recklessness.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Not sure why we are hugely worried. Cardiff have to win twice, and couldn't even beat Fulham.
This.

No way will Cardiff get two wins in 2 games.

I reckon we can nick a 0-0 at Arsenal.

Will be nice to take 6pts of Palace and them to confirm our safety by beating Cardiff next week.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I may be the odd one out on this thread but I think we can get a point at Arsenal ... they have Euro Cup games either side of ours so expect team changes & fatigue will have some impact. If we actually attack them at some point we have a chance to even win the game as the Arsenal defence has been pretty woeful most of the season but we will need to be at our best in defence and counter quickly & maybe score from a set piece.

I admire your optimism which I seriously hope will be justified !

However it looks like the Arse. may well be requiring 3 points to obtain top four (Champions League) so that will be a big ask for us.
The Premier League title looks like it may go all the way so Citeh, unless something happens in the meantime ( as in Liverpool dropping points ), will be ' all guns blazing ' so not very confident on that either.

Our best scenario is that Cadiff cannot beat both Palace and United.

Make no mistake, that was a massive point for us today !

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
We go and have an open game against arsenal we will get destroyed. We keep it tight and try and prey on the set piece weakness and that’s they best way to win that match.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Going gung-ho away at Arsenal isn’t how we’re going to get a win. If we were to ever get a result, it’ll be from defence like we did at Spurs and getting a goal from a set piece.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
There is absolutely ZERO hope if we keep hughton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what you are saying there, Hughton will be here at least until the end of the season - looking forward, I would agree that there is perhaps not too much hope if CH stays if we stay in the PL !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going gung-ho away at Arsenal isn’t how we’re going to get a win. If we were to ever get a result, it’ll be from defence like we did at Spurs and getting a goal from a set piece.

Chris Hughton is our manager, there won’t be any surprises. Defend defend defend and pray for a breakaway goal.

At our level

These are a good team

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
We need to:
a) keep up our goal difference if we lose
b) go for a win if we can

That suggests we'll be doing the usual defending but maybe trying to nick a goal if we can. Not all out attack - so the usual.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
**** Cardiff, we need 2 points.

We could win against Arsenal, we'll never beat Man City. . . . I suspect we'll do a Tottenham @ the emirates, and stay in the game at 0-2 home to MC.

Whilst I'd say all guns a blazing against both, Indon't think we have any players that can remember far back enough to actually do that.
We don't need two points if Palace have already taken points off Cardiff before the Arsenal game...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This.

No way will Cardiff get two wins in 2 games.

I reckon we can nick a 0-0 at Arsenal.

Will be nice to take 6pts of Palace and them to confirm our safety by beating Cardiff next week.

Even better, a poor and shabby Palace go 1-0 down and show little ambition. Then a Cardiff City defender sticks the ball in his own net when passing back in the last minute.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
...and the chances of getting two draws in our next two games is looking pretty slim, is there any chance that we have a bit of a go in either game?

none

but fortunately Cardiff won't win both

it's next season we should worry about

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Even if we lose both games Cardiff will have to win both, otherwise GD will come into play if it came to that. People pissing the sheets I feel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here