Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giroud?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Fair enough, we'll just take the player whose position he will be taking instead then, Wesley. :dunce:

Since he's supposed to be out for the rest of the season I'd rather hope not !

I do like the idea of Giroud,Batshuayi or Iheanacho though but I'd imagine wages would be an issue.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Would take him in a heartbeat, even at 140k per week. If it puts us in top 10 bracket the signing would pay for itself. He is a proven scorer at this level and would score goals in our team with decent service from set pieces.

Cannot see it happening from a club harmony POV, but we never know how uncle Tony thinks most of the time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me too, but it's not going to happen. :tantrum:

We just don’t do signing recognised PL quality strikers, but one day we just might :shrug:

In fact we have hardly signed any quality known strikers for decades. I can only think of Zamora ( although he wasn’t already known), Ulloa and CMS (he was rated even if it didn’t work out). We have re signed Murray and Zamora. Maupay was a good one but was not recognised as a PL striker. Help me out here, who else?

I tend not to get my hopes up for the reasons above :down:

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We just don’t do signing recognised PL quality strikers, but one day we just might :shrug:

In fact we have hardly signed any quality known strikers for decades. I can only think of Zamora, Ulloa and CMS (he was rated even if it didn’t work out). We have re signed Murray and Zamora. Maupay was a good one but was not recognised as a PL striker. Help me out here, who else?

I tend not to get my hopes up for the reasons above :down:

The other danger is we end up with someone nearing the end of their career, (like Giroud) rather than someone looking to further themselves (Batshuyi)......perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The most galling thing is that he would walk into most teams but because of the difference between the haves and have nots he is stuck in the reserves at Chelsea when he could be gracing the Premier League. We have so many decent crossers in the team - I can’t believe he wouldn’t be able to fill his boots. I’ve said it on here before, his performance for Arsenal at the Amex when he scored a couple was the best example of centre forward play I have seen in an Albion match. Hold up, runs, heading, skill and shooting- the guy has got it all.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Was going to suggest it might be one of the younger players on lower wages, e.g. Hudson-Odoi, but just read that apparently he is on £120,000 per week, so pretty much anyone there is going to bust the wage structure.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Atletico and Inter are both interested. You'd have thought if either made an offer, he'd go. Atleti still in the Champions League but lacking goals, Inter in Europa where he was top scorer last season. Also has the Conte link from Chelsea

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If a team in the bottom half get hold of him then that is one HELL of a signing

He is currently third in the all time goalscorers list for the French National Team. A better scoring ratio than Thierry Henry, Girezmann and Benzema.

Mad.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
If a team in the bottom half get hold of him then that is one HELL of a signing

He is currently third in the all time goalscorers list for the French National Team. A better scoring ratio than Thierry Henry, Girezmann and Benzema.

Mad.

I got a little excited by the possibility of a chance of a small probability that we were in for a shout. But hearing Atletico and Inter were interested, I would not blame him for wanting to test himself in either of those leagues.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Since he's supposed to be out for the rest of the season I'd rather hope not !

I do like the idea of Giroud,Batshuayi or Iheanacho though but I'd imagine wages would be an issue.

I have been saying for AGES that I would love us to get Iheanacho. I think he would add a lot to our team and could be a massive asset, unfortunately I think the chances of Leicester letting him go (especially after recent performances) are non existent.

I would also suggest there is no chance of us getting Giroud. he is simply too good for us

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fantastic player, underrated imo.

I'd absolutely love this but can't see any chance given the wages.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Errr... not gonna happen...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fantastic player, underrated imo.

I'd absolutely love this but can't see any chance given the wages.

He knows how to score at the Amex. Or did...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here