Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Girl taken from Brighton....Scum

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
No nothing would beat Hull for that. Ochard Park Estate in Hull makes Whitehawk look like Millionaires Row

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
ha ha . . . Hull is rough my mum lived there for some unknown reason, middle aged loopiness probably . . . . .All cities have there bad spots, most towns do too . . . . .having experienced council estate life first hand when I was a kid, I vowed Id work hard enough, whatever I had to do, to make sure I never go back there . . . .so far so good, and not without some effort.

I just wish others capable of doing the same would try to better their situations rather than praying on others, and in turn make life easier for those who are stuck there through no fault of their own

political rant over :lolol:

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
At about the same time Summer went missing, witnesses reported to police they had seen a young girl matching her description being dragged into a car.

Whilst they just stood watching . . . ?

STATISTICALLY, MOULSCOOMBE AND WHITEHAWK ARE

up there with the worst estates in the Country, basically, otherwise it would never have got the New Deal for Communities money.

Lets not confuse deprivation, long term unemployment, poor health etc with the condition of a housing area and the (probable) mis management of the housing stock and communal areas.

At Canary Wharf I overlook, the biggest and most concentrated area of public housing in western europe.

Ranging all the way from Islington continuing unabrupted out to Newham.
Amongst this housing are some very bleak housing areas, particularly around hyped up HOxton, but also some "state of the arc housing", but housing some of the most deprived people in Europe.

In Brighton terms, its like saying, start the high housing at Portslade and continue non-stop all the way to Whitehawk, but in between knock down some of the worst council slums and build 3/4 storey dwellings and add the odd community hall.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes at her neighbours house in a distressed state.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
So did I! Hence replying and then deleting the post because it didn't have much relevance four years on!

Same here, wondered how i had missed the news. Was also intrigued at a certain poster's profile and thought it was a bit of NSC identity thread until my son, who's ID it was, pointed out the date.

He's long since forgotten his password.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And me. I realised when I read a post from zef on page 1 who hardly posts nowadays. "Oh, nice to see Zef back" I thought to myself, then saw the date.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there are still some very decent people in Moulscoombe and over the years it has got a bad name because of the few, I have worked there,lived there,and my wife is from there,and there are also bad people from middle and upper classes.

Summer Haipule

Nov 6, 2009
;-;

No offense, but could you guys possibly shut up about my parents and where I live(d)? Because it is rather offensive. Moulsecoomb is alright really, and I am not scum. Please don't say that because you thought I was kidnapped that makes me and my parents scum. :mad:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
You were the 6 year old girl? Well you'd be over 11 now of course.

And you managed to register with north stand chat and then search for a 6 year old thread about you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here