Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham.

darkcore1977

May 18, 2009
haywards heath
Taking my 9 year old to his first away evening game tonight what"s the best pub to drink in before the game, or is that a silly question as its pikey land and all pubs are a dump.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We paid for their new stand.

I also heard from somewhere that we paid 3 years rent up-front, only stayed for 2, but never recieved the difference back. Not sure if thats true or not.

That what I was saying they bought Akinbye with our rent money who they sold for £2m and that paid for their new stand. Not sure about the 3 years I havent heard that. The fact is without it we wouldnt have had a ground to play on and had been refused by many including Crawley, so would have possibly gone out of the league.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
My first trip back there since the cup game in August 99. I was a regular in our 2 seasons there and the place holds memories, most bad, but not all. The most persistent menory is one of driving back across the bridge to Strood after a trouncing by the likes of Torquay or Darlington and thinking.. how can it ever get worse than this? Hope the drive back feels better tonight. I don't think the ghosts of those grim years will ever be truly exorcised until our first league game at Falmer.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Taking my 9 year old to his first away evening game tonight what"s the best pub to drink in before the game, or is that a silly question as its pikey land and all pubs are a dump.

I've not been before but having a pint with a friend who's a Gills supporter and he's suggested we meet in the Livingstone Arms on Gillingham Road

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
With our teriffic away form and a relatively local game we must be taking an audience approaching a thousand I'd be dissapointed if we weren't.

Lardinho

Feb 21, 2007
Canterbury
Will deffo be there, as I have the misfortune to be in what now appears to be permanent exile in Kent. God I hope we win, as I have to work with the swampy turds. Their hardcore support is very small, as most of em support Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal, or other Prem league franchise, and only jump on the 'local' bandwagon when things go well, or involve a rare trip to Wembley. (so not very often).
C'mon Albion!!!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
sadly I am going to be on a plane during the game heading to a meeting tomorrow. Hope to be able to pick up the score when I arrive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here