Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gifton Noel-Williams (argus)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I came through Brady and had to apologise to his wife.

Whatever.

I don't reallyu want the giant moose at the club. Some of me likes the ideas of us playing with ability and touch rather than hoofing with dull function.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
GNW could go one of two ways if he signs.

1. Scores a fair amount of goals and becomes a very good signing

2. He plays about 3 games due to injury and is the new Kitson/Dodd

Is it worth the risk?

Would the club be able to insure him?
But will there be a better centre forward available to us this summer.

And buying him doesn't necessarily mean we're going to be playing long ball. He is a good player on the ground.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Meade's_Ball said:

Whatever.

Okay ? :puzzled:

Meade's_Ball said:
I don't reallyu want the giant moose at the club. Some of me likes the ideas of us playing with ability and touch rather than hoofing with dull function.

Absolutely... although it seems to work OK if you've got the quality around the target man to pick up on the knockdowns etc... (a la Crouch and Owen/Gerrad/Cole/Lampard)... it's definitely not beautiful football.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Silent Bob said:
But will there be a better centre forward available to us this summer.

And buying him doesn't necessarily mean we're going to be playing long ball. He is a good player on the ground.

Rather not waste the money thanks - Wasting the money is worse than signing nobody - look at El Turi

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Meade's_Ball said:

Whatever.

Are you and Liam still talking or are you at that awkward stage after seeing each other naked for the first time? YOu could find out what is going on....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Rather not waste the money thanks - Wasting the money is worse than signing nobody - look at El Turi
But El Turi was just a stupid punt. We've had Gifton around for at least a little while, the coaching staff must have some idea on his general fitness and think it is worth getting him in.

Personally I'm undecided, it would be another gamble, but we won't sign a better striker this summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
GNW might prefer us over Swansea as he is guaranteed 1st team football if he comes here. He'll also avoid what is sure to be a regular spoilt brat display as he sits on the bench at Swansea :lol:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbils said:
As if you'd be happy if we signed nobody!

No gambles/calculated risks = no players.

I think I'd perfer us to get some players in.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
As if you'd be happy if we signed nobody!

No gambles/calculated risks = no players.

I think I'd perfer us to get some players in.

What if the same thing happens GNW signs and then someone like Burton is free again and cant afford to sign him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here