Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting your hair cut in Brighton

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is Hove but hey... Albion Season ticket holder and actually an Albion fan!

206 Portland Road Hove

If it is good enough for Casper should be good enough for everyone!

casper.jpg

Casper dropped the tip.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Soooo... I normally go to the local gents £10 barber but she cut me with a likely AIDS infected razor when she was scraping my neck last time I went.

I've gone off the idea of going back.

I once had an amazing haircut in Canary Wharf where I had my hair washed then head massaged by a fit young trainee, a lovely cuppa and biscuits while the main cutting and interrogation was going on and a moderately massive bill delivered with a smile by the bobfob receptionist.

Is there anywhere in Brighton where you'd get a similar kind of service?

Cheers all

I find your post above not only homophobic but extremely offensive.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My favourite place is the one on Church Street. No small talk to customers. They just get on with the job while chatting in Polish to each other.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I prefer having my hair cut by a female but I'm fine with male hairdressers too. Although I'd much rather have a head massage from a lady for non specific, but hopefully not homophobic or pervy reasons.

exactly it all seems to be a bit pervy.

Oct 25, 2003
only found a few in b&h that i've in any way enjoyed

-gentlemen prefer blondes...they did a decent job
-gwdyr or however you spell it...old fashioned barbers type thing, was quite fun and got a good cut
-trafalgar street one
-the one opposite bardsleys chippy off london rd

i've got a fine MANE of hair which grows like an absolute beast meaning it costs me a fortune. Now my girlfriends brother in law (who is a hairdresser) does it for free....he's the best i've had by miles

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I fitted out a barber shop on the Lewes Road, a bit before I left.
Heading south just past the Sainsburys on the right hand side opposite the big newsagents.
They were good, but are they still there?

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Why is it homophobic ?

The way I read it was that the barbers he went to was unhygienic and not very good !

Quite. I'm relatively infrequently on here so I'm not sure whether it's a stab at dry wit or whether hitony is in fact a GROLI mentalist.

I sort of hope it's the latter tbh tbf.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've gone to Master Wheelers near St Peters Church for as long as I can remember

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Soooo... I normally go to the local gents £10 barber but she cut me with a likely AIDS infected razor when she was scraping my neck last time I went.

I've gone off the idea of going back...

Cheers all

That place needs reporting to environmental health dept?

In other news, Richards in Church Street is a no nonsense barbers. Clipper cut, £7.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Headroom, Victoria Road. Where Norman Cook goes. £9. Paul (Albion STH) and Andy (Arsenal fan) used to work at the legendary Freddie's in the 80s, where the Saturday morning queues went around the block.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here