Getting to know your Neighbours

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sticklebrick

Apr 27, 2008
Anyone thinking "oh my God I'm sitting next to these idiots for the next x years"?

I am! One guy behind me couldn't understand why Stuart Storer should be on the pitch before kickoff today.

Well maybe because without his goal we might not be in the fantastic position we are in now.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Been twice but not sat in my season ticket seat yet and getting a bit worried about who I will sitting next to, I pray they know what they are talking about football wise

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
I had an old couple who were borrowing there friends season tickets one side and spurs fans the other side, next week will be different hopefully.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Been twice but not sat in my season ticket seat yet and getting a bit worried about who I will sitting next to, I pray they know what they are talking about football wise

Interestingly there was no-one either side of me today - perhaps they have heard !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I had an old couple who were borrowing there friends season tickets one side and spurs fans the other side, next week will be different hopefully.

Class avatar-ants,i play around with mine,currently none on show,as the signature stretches the page too much.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
The bloke sitting next to me didn't clap when the goals when in. I had two women in front of me who talked all the way through the match, not about football.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Two blokes behind me didn't know there would be standing in the back 4 rows of the North Stand so told one of the people I was with to "sit the f*** down". They did later apologise but I have a feeling it's going to go on all season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My neighbours are great, seeing as on one side I have my boy and BrightonBoysOnTour has the aisle seat, met Geoff and Nicky at the familiarisation do and they both seem decent :wave:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The people behind me moaned at the team for most of the Sussex senior cup final and for a lot of today's game. Everyone else in the area seemed ok though.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
LOL to this thread. My brother is so annoyed at who is is sitting with - he even took a photo to prove to us what they were like. He always whinges about who he sits with though. I expect they took one of him too .

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Anyone thinking "oh my God I'm sitting next to these idiots for the next x years"?

I am! One guy behind me couldn't understand why Stuart Storer should be on the pitch before kickoff today.

Well maybe because without his goal we might not be in the fantastic position we are in now.

The bloke in front of me in the N stand kept telling his 8 year old kid off for being an 8 year old kid , he should have got a seat in the family stand

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Haven't been yet, but hope I'm not sitting next to a nutter! I know the people either side of me will be though :smile:

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I've got the 1901 section next to me, several people there obviously on freebies and a couple of Spurs fans. Looks like that area will be ever-changing.

sticklebrick

Apr 27, 2008
I've got the 1901 section next to me, several people there obviously on freebies and a couple of Spurs fans. Looks like that area will be ever-changing.

I had ever-changing neighbours at Withdean as our seats were next to the sponsors seats. It's a bit strange as most weeks the people weren't interested at all in the game and never sung / cheered / celebrated goals.

Two blokes behind me didn't know there would be standing in the back 4 rows of the North Stand so told one of the people I was with to "sit the f*** down". They did later apologise but I have a feeling it's going to go on all season.

My heart actually dropped when I heard all that going on. That and the tutting/sighing at people trying to sing and long periods of silence made me wonder why I'd paid 400 quid to sit in the "rowdy" part. Hoping these cockwallers were just one offs for the friendly.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I won't say where I am exactly but in WSU and Mr Mendoza was in my view. There were 2 females (mother late 50's and daughter) close to me with very annoying voices who knew nothing about football. A blessing was that in the 2nd half they didn't take their seats until 4.30pm, I just have my fingers crossed that they are not STH.
(P.S. If you know them have a word!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports