Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting to Charlton??

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
OK Ok i normally dive in to al the piss taking on threads like this, but being somebody who drives everywhere and doesn't really understand public transport, i am having a bit of a drama trying to work out my route for purchasing train tickets for tomorrow.

I am getting the train from Melton Mowbray to London Bridge in the morning to meet up with the guy i am getting my ticket from. That bit is easy. I will then be meeting some friends at London Bridge and travelling to the match with them so i can just follow.

Now the tricky bit.....after the game. What is the nearest station to Charlton? I'm needing to get back to Melton Mowbray but trains go there from St Pancreas. I don't think i need to go near London Bridge on the return journey? So how do i get from Charlton to St. Pancreas? HELP!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Thank you. Doesn't help when you don't know what station to get the train from though. I have booked my downward tickets via that website, it is the return journey i am struggling with.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Post-match ...

Train from Charlton to London Bridge and then Northern Line to Kings Cross St Pancras.

Can i not just get a train from Charlton to St Pancras? I don't need to go back to London Bridge. I am only going there on the way down to meet up with the guy i am getting my ticket from.

Can i not just get a train from Charlton to St Pancras? I don't need to go back to London Bridge. I am only going there on the way down to meet up with the guy i am getting my ticket from.
SouthEastern (the only train operator at Charlton) don't run trains to St Pancras. You'll have to change on to a London Underground service. London Bridge is the easiest place to do this. And you're not "going back" to London Bridge - it's on the way.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

You don't travel much on trains do you ?

There's always the option of going by bus. Routes 177, 53, 63 and 46. Change at Deptford Bridge, Elephant & Castle and Snow Hill. It takes about 100 minutes.

Or you could go east on the train to Woolwich Arsenal and then take your chances on the Docklands Light Railway.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Can i not just get a train from Charlton to St Pancras?

Yes, but you will need to change. And the only place you can sensibly do that is at London Bridge. By train Charlton-London Bridge takes just over 15 minutes and London Bridge-St Pancras takes about 20 minutes, but most people get the tube for the LB-SP bit as they're more frequent.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
There's always the option of going by bus. Routes 177, 53, 63 and 46. Change at Deptford Bridge, Elephant & Castle and Snow Hill. It takes about 100 minutes.

Why would i get a bus when i can afford a car?! Ergh! Having to get a train is bad enough!

Thanks for all the help guys, it's starting to make a bit of sense now!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't forget your passport

Yes, but you will need to change. And the only place you can sensibly do that is at London Bridge. By train Charlton-London Bridge takes just over 15 minutes and London Bridge-St Pancras takes about 20 minutes, but most people get the tube for the LB-SP bit as they're more frequent.
And - unless you use the Underground - you have to take into account the nightmare at London Bridge called "How do I find the right platform for the train I want?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here