Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting ratty now!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've spent over a grand on two season tickets and the club can't even be arsed to provide a periodic update on general progress on timings this week for the new whatever he's called this year. Also can't be arsed to tell us timings for the new kit announcement. In fact, just can't be arsed to bother with us at all now they have banked the cash. We know Barber can speak eloquently when the mood takes him, so couldn't he just treat us with a little respect and tell us a little about what's going on instead of leaving us in the very deep dark?

Regarding the manager, why should they it's a confidential process. You've paid to watch some football, not own the club.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've spent over a grand on two season tickets and the club can't even be arsed to provide a periodic update on general progress on timings this week for the new whatever he's called this year. Also can't be arsed to tell us timings for the new kit announcement. In fact, just can't be arsed to bother with us at all now they have banked the cash. We know Barber can speak eloquently when the mood takes him, so couldn't he just treat us with a little respect and tell us a little about what's going on instead of leaving us in the very deep dark?
I share your frustration. Its been pretty much bad news since the play offs (unless you were pleased to see the back of Garcia). A bit of good news would be nice.

It'll all work out alright though, its like waiting for Christmas!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Given Southampton have said they have 6-7 candidates in the mix for their vacant job you can see a situation where a lot of the candidates we are looking at so are other clubs. Like being in a chain when moving house it will be more complicated and take longer

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
You can always rely on a few souls to deliberatly misunderstand a thread and drag it off in a different direction. Sensitive information I don't expect because drunk or stupid I am not. But clearly the fact that North Stand Chat remains pretty active on the subject suggests that many fans did not switch off their interest in the club when the final ball was kicked. Remember fan is short for fanatic. I have several hobbies, following the Albion is one of them, and as the Club demanded next season's ticket money early doors, I don't see why the occasional bulletin should not be issued. Not BS, just 'a followup on the 'high calibre candidates' one would be nice. And as for the kit, I'm too old to dash out and buy one for casual wear, but I am genuinely interested in what my team will wear next season with our new 'high profile kit manufacturers'. Apart from the usual devils advocates on NSC I would be surprised if anyone who logs in to this site would not prefer a little more in the way of general updates on the managerial appontment and I'm sure many share a passing interest in the new Nike kit. I know we aren't Barce or Roma, but their new Nike kits came with a massive fanfare. We will be only the second bespoke striped kit from Nike 'allegedly', so yes, I'm interested.

There won't be any announcement re new manager just yet as the interviewing process is still at a relatively early stage. Bloom and Barber are away at present and we haven't even got to the ' second round ' yet.
As for the kit, I would have expected an announcement by now but as one poster said there may be an agenda in place..i.e combine it with the training ground opening.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
There won't be any announcement re new manager just yet as the interviewing process is still at a relatively early stage. Bloom and Barber are away at present and we haven't even got to the ' second round ' yet.
As for the kit, I would have expected an announcement by now but as one poster said there may be an agenda in place..i.e combine it with the training ground opening.

I think that's wrong - With Hantz we have, apparently.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I would love a 'There will be no announcement on the manager situation this week' announcement from the club, simply so I don't have to read tedious 'ITK' poster's drivel on here.

You Dont have to read it !

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex

Attachments

• Tantrum.jpg
    Tantrum.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 208

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

2nd interview of French chap HAS taken place.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
What do you want to hear?

"Candidate A's favourite colour is red, B's is yellow and C's colour blind"

It might be considered courteous to give the fans a date, an update of a shortlist, without names or to let us know who is selecting players. If we had won the best pie competition or most colourful programme we would be kept in the picture, the club are very good at the 'vanilla' issues but poor when it comes to real content. Pre season is now in the minds of players and staff alike so some real news would be much appreciated.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It might be considered courteous to give the fans a date, an update of a shortlist, without names or to let us know who is selecting players. If we had won the best pie competition or most colourful programme we would be kept in the picture, the club are very good at the 'vanilla' issues but poor when it comes to real content. Pre season is now in the minds of players and staff alike so some real news would be much appreciated.

With respect, that's ridiculous - How do you now that some candidates aren't employed by somebody else at the moment?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
My only gripe with all this, is that we were told initially, that good quality managers had expressed an interest in the manager position.

All I read into things now is that these quality managers seem to be hoping that another big club will take them on, if not the Albion are an OK, but disappointing, alternative for them.

Hope I am wrong but no other info to base my thoughts on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can always rely on a few souls to deliberatly misunderstand a thread and drag it off in a different direction. Sensitive information I don't expect because drunk or stupid I am not. But clearly the fact that North Stand Chat remains pretty active on the subject suggests that many fans did not switch off their interest in the club when the final ball was kicked. Remember fan is short for fanatic. I have several hobbies, following the Albion is one of them, and as the Club demanded next season's ticket money early doors, I don't see why the occasional bulletin should not be issued. Not BS, just 'a followup on the 'high calibre candidates' one would be nice. And as for the kit, I'm too old to dash out and buy one for casual wear, but I am genuinely interested in what my team will wear next season with our new 'high profile kit manufacturers'. Apart from the usual devils advocates on NSC I would be surprised if anyone who logs in to this site would not prefer a little more in the way of general updates on the managerial appontment and I'm sure many share a passing interest in the new Nike kit. I know we aren't Barce or Roma, but their new Nike kits came with a massive fanfare. We will be only the second bespoke striped kit from Nike 'allegedly', so yes, I'm interested.
If you've got nothing to say, say nothing.

But where's the fun in that!!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
We're getting Ratty? Be fair, he's had two successful seasons in the Riverbank Premier League.

Will he bring Mole and Mr Toad as assistants? As long as Mr Toad doesn't drive the team bus. Poop-poop

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
Pointless announcements I can live without - positive action and positive announcements I would like - and quickly. When was the last time the club stumbled out of the play-offs, lurched into a head coach / manager crisis, let it drag on until pre-season training started, and messed up the squad replenishing all at the same time by scrabbling around at the last minute ? Do something once, you can be unlucky, do something twice in quick succession and it begins to look like incompetence. I'll be hyppy with Happia if he turns out to be the guy - but I can only fear that time is passing us by once again and there is a Burke finding our new players.

Just wish they would get a move on - they seem to have interviewed many candidates, so must have narrowed the field down by now. We don't want the same situation as last year with the new manager arriving late on the scene, Burke having built a squad the new guy isn't happy with etc etc etc…...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Looking at your analogy more closely, we would be made aware that we were in a Pie competition, and then would be told the eventual outcome. We wouldn't have updates such as "Some doris has just been to the dry cleaners to get her posh frock sorted out", or "Matey is writing his speech, just in case.

As [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] said, I think the club have more important things on their minds than issuing updates about a recruitment process, like getting a manager and new players. At the end of the day, it's got nothing to do with us who they appoint and how the recruitment and interview processes are completed. In fact I'm happier that it is all done behind closed doors as it makes the club appear more professional in my eyes. Think of the clubs that have 'announced' a new manager, only for them to turn the job down. Look a bit silly, don't they?

Besides, there was a story in the Argus this morning, was there not, about second interview with the French fella? That's an update, isn't it?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Grow up.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I get the desire to be more informed (I suspect anyone posting on here would love to know the inner workings) but if a process is being worked through then I'm not sure what sort of update could be given that would be of use to anyone.

If an announcement cane out to say that the interview process is ongoing then nothing new will be learnt, making it pointless.

If an update instead referred to the amount of potential managers being looked at, there would likely be a clamour to be told exactly who, how and when, which obviously couldn't be shared, upsetting those who want to know more.

At least this way we all know where we stand, clearly stuff is going to be going on in the background but until it's set in stone we're not likely to be told.

Personally, I'm ok with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here