Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getting an Albion seagull tattoo

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Last month my girlfriend got a tattoo of a playing card, but we broke up soon afterwards.

I couldn't deal with it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Last month my girlfriend got a tattoo of a playing card, but we broke up soon afterwards.

I couldn't deal with it.
People always ask where I got my incredibly detailed tattoo done, but they never believe me when I tell them Spain.

Nobody expects the Spanish ink precision

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
In a waiting room at a doctor's in Worthing with my daughter and I got chatting to the old lady next to me. Across the way was a young woman with tattoos crawling up her neck and down her arms. I said tattoos these days are boring, people just cover themselves because they're bored of their body. A tattoo used to mean someone had a story or a bit of an edge - they'd either been in the Navy, Prison or a biker. So the old lady said 'I know, they look shit! Which one do you think I was?' She rolled up her sleeve to reveal several tattoos. Turns out she was a biker in the late 1950s and early 1960s.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Attachments

• 20230914_124141.jpg
    20230914_124141.jpg
    816.3 KB · Views: 84

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don’t bother , lots of people regret getting tats for obvious reasons unless you’re a sailor .
I remember your previous comments regarding tattoes and the professions of those who have them.

I mentioned my female dentist has a tooth on her arm. I now have another female dentist and happened to notice she has a tattoo on the underside of her bicep. Not just sailors.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I remember your previous comments regarding tattoes and the professions of those who have them.

I mentioned my female dentist has a tooth on her arm. I now have another female dentist and happened to notice she has a tattoo on the underside of her bicep. Not just sailors.
It used to be mainly sailors and if a woman had any tattoos it’s likely she was a prostitute . However that was a long time ago and I accept fashion and acceptance of some things has changed a lot over the last 50 years or so.

Women used to want to look feminine nowdays I’m not too sure with some of them. Change is not always progress .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So whats the deal ?

I'm a total tattoo virgin, but as I will most likely die within the 15-20 years at best, I thought I might get one before I shuffle off. All I want is that little Albion seagull on my upper-right arm. I don't want the "Brighton & Hove Albion FC" circle round the outer edge. All I want is the seagull, with its little YELLOW beak, and the actual seagull itself in white, with a defined outline.

But NOOOooooo. Apparently white doesn't work on slag tags. As usual, with the disappearance of Golden Grahams and Derek Griffiths, anything I like or want is not allowed. So what are my options ? I MIGHT just go for the outline, but I want a yellow beak at least. Is that too much to ask ?

Just want to say good on you. Hope you find a design you like.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Older I’ve got the more I quite fancy one. Older I get the skin gets thinner. Think I’d better pass on this enhancement!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
So whats the deal ?

I'm a total tattoo virgin, but as I will most likely die within the 15-20 years at best, I thought I might get one before I shuffle off. All I want is that little Albion seagull on my upper-right arm. I don't want the "Brighton & Hove Albion FC" circle round the outer edge. All I want is the seagull, with its little YELLOW beak, and the actual seagull itself in white, with a defined outline.

But NOOOooooo. Apparently white doesn't work on slag tags. As usual, with the disappearance of Golden Grahams and Derek Griffiths, anything I like or want is not allowed. So what are my options ? I MIGHT just go for the outline, but I want a yellow beak at least. Is that too much to ask ?
Just had this done - been dithering for about a year but really wanted one, like you a tattoo virgin but had decided on the seagull just above my elbow and thought it’s now or never and what better way to mark this historic season
IMG_1728.jpeg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just had this done - been dithering for about a year but really wanted one, like you a tattoo virgin but had decided on the seagull just above my elbow and thought it’s now or never and what better way to mark this historic season

View attachment 166686
That looks really good, well done for taking the plunge chap 👏🏼 Has the beak been coloured ? Can't quite tell from the pic

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
That looks really good, well done for taking the plunge chap 👏🏼 Has the beak been coloured ? Can't quite tell from the pic
Thank you. No, beak just outlined. Thought about having it in blue with yellow beak but opted for just plain black outline and the tattoo artist agreed that she thought that would look best.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thank you. No, beak just outlined. Thought about having it in blue with yellow beak but opted for just plain black outline and the tattoo artist agreed that she thought that would look best.
Did....
Did it hurt ? 😬

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here