Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting a UK Visa etc

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
That's because these countries are very high on discipline and that's something we've lost in this country in years gone by...You could go on all day,but their is many reasons why we have adolescent kids around who have no prospects for the future.

Look how poor our schools are doing compared to other EU countries and that's one of many things including the parenting of these children.

I think you are way off, I am sure there are different way to determine our schools performances but this BBC piece seems to contradict your view.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27314075

I too, acknowledge some of the unmotivated families within some parts of our communities, but dont be too quick to undercook our own academic achievements and overcook our european neighbours, there are different ways to interpret a nations wellbeing and potential other than purely academic results.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You could go on all day,but their is many reasons why we have adolescent kids around who have no prospects for the future.

Look how poor our schools are doing compared to other EU countries and that's one of many things including the parenting of these children.
Must ... resist

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
UK birthrate is 1.80. Replacement level is 2.1.

Immigrants are going to have pay your OAP.
Because there won't be enough 'real' Britons to do it.

All you really get to decide is which ones... or how big the cuts will be.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Yes we do as you rightly say,but we have students here who train to be nurses for 5 years and start on a salary of 22k...worth studying for?
This is why we go abroad for key workers and this is why nearly 50% of all hospital staff are foreign...Just doesn't seem right that's all.
Certainly not blaming the workers who come here as they do a wonderful job,but you can see why we have very few Brits in the hospitals or medical profession.

I can't see how you make that assumption!

The 'foreign' staff who work in our hospitals pay the same taxes, have the same cost of living, same travel expenses etc. as any 'Brit' who might be capable of doing the same job.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Get married:lolol:.

Awaits the ** this thread is useless without pictures ** requests.

Even that does not work, my stepson married his Malaysian girl friend 3 years ago in Malaysia, having been with her for 16 years, she actually arrived here today believe it or not. It took two and a half years to get her visa, and the help of a professional person, costing mega bucks . Human rights did not even enter the equasion. Wish you the best of luck Trig.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Then why the introduction of tuition fees which disadvantages students? Why turn away foreign people who are, by the sounds of it, more educated than a lot of people here. They could do your job more efficiently and make more money for the country. Maybe we should kick you out? Might be better for Britain.
It's clear that with your mentality many British people have little hope???
Why buy here when you can buy cheaper from China etc etc etc...same thing really isn't it?
What do these countries with skilled workers charge for their higher education or university compared to here?
Why would a nurse want to go to university for 5 years to earn 22k and have large debts from university?but they do and guess what...We have 20,000 here who want to be nurses,but are restricted because we take the foreign option.

As long as you kick me out to somewhere nice I'll be happy:)

Says 40,000 here,but last I heard a while ago it was 20,000...
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/594368/NHS-hospital-britons-abroad-recruits-nurses

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

throughout this thread you have shown stunning ignorance (even for NSC). cant you understand that the article is comparing trainee places with qualified nurses? no one is recruiting foreigners to train here. like earlier saying there are 140k foreign students, keeping locals out of university, ignoring that the majority of those foreign students are here to learn English.:facepalm:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
throughout this thread you have shown stunning ignorance (even for NSC). cant you understand that the article is comparing trainee places with qualified nurses? no one is recruiting foreigners to train here. like earlier saying there are 140k foreign students, keeping locals out of university, ignoring that the majority of those foreign students are here to learn English.:facepalm:
Two separate subjects as earlier I was debating universities and the hoards of foreign students and recently I've been discussing nurses that come from abroad instead of favouring British nurses...stunning ignorance I think not pal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even that does not work, my stepson married his Malaysian girl friend 3 years ago in Malaysia, having been with her for 16 years, she actually arrived here today believe it or not. It took two and a half years to get her visa, and the help of a professional person, costing mega bucks
That's mental. What ballpark is mega bucks?

Wish you the best of luck Trig.
Thanks

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The truth is a large majority of British parents do not push their children to do well in school. They rely too much on the state to do that job for them and just let them piss about at home. Asian countries, even those with a very high percentage of low income families and extreme poverty seem to raise their children very well because they have their family values and forward thinking priorities right. The only places where you will see people binge drinking and fighting on the streets of asia is when there are westerners about. I have many filipino friends that were raised in ghettos that are doing very well for themselves. They were just brought up with a hardworking optimistic mindset.

You best spare such an answer for responses that are worth such thought and effort.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We have a Malaysian student living with us, and she'd like to live here permanently, but she's only on a student visa. She's studying A levels, and will then do a degree, probably followed by further training.

Are there any professions that would increase her chances of getting a visa to work here, for example, being a doctor?

Thanks

I'm guessing there are many skill shortages. The medical profession is full of folk from the far east. If she was looking at becoming a doctor, as an example, I'm sure the process would be smoother.

There is a points based calculator on the Home Office pages.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Even that does not work, my stepson married his Malaysian girl friend 3 years ago in Malaysia, having been with her for 16 years, she actually arrived here today believe it or not. It took two and a half years to get her visa, and the help of a professional person, costing mega bucks . Human rights did not even enter the equasion. Wish you the best of luck Trig.
My friend is facing a similar problem. Born in England, lived here for over 30 years then moved to Thailand 10 years ago. Married a Thai lady 4 years ago, had a child and now struggling to get her over here.

He has been told that he either has to pay a bond of £50k or be earning £18800 per year.

800 Europeans come to live here every day, but the genuine wife of a British National has to jump through hoops to do the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here