Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting a UK Visa etc

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
She's not wanting to be an illegal, surely that's a good thing?

Don't the higher fees foreign students pay help keep costs for British students moderate?
Moderate? Very debatable and it's free in Scotland???
Maybe if she doesn't get a visa she might become an illegal :lolol:
My point is I don't think British students are getting a fair deal and we intern keep 140,000 spaces available for foreigners students every year....Yes their parents pay a bomb and yes they're very educated youngsters,but it's time to put the British youngsters first and give the less fortunate an opportunity to get to uni.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Does it even register the clear bigoted view you hold when saying that ???

Just the views of someone who walks down London Road every day and sees the homegrown FERALS there. When's the first time any one of those is going to relocate to, say, Malaysia to improve their education and future prospects? Won't even bother supplying an answer :shrug:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Just the views of someone who walks down London Road every day and sees the homegrown FERALS there. When's the first time any one of those is going to relocate to, say, Malaysia to improve their education and future prospects? Won't even bother supplying an answer :shrug:

Jeeeez if thats how you gage a nations academic resources by walking down that Country's more deprived district then you are more a fool than those you casually discriminate against.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In what way is she so clever, she is doing her A levels like 100 000's of UK youngsters and why would she pay more tax than UK youngsters that would do the same future job.
I don't know she's cleverer, but she studies harder and gets better grades. She might be able to do a job in the future that we have a need for, that can't be met by British workers.

this would be a discussion about Nationality and her legal right to move and work here permanently, I assume if she had the right to stay she wouldnt need lawyers
I didn't say she does need a lawyer. I asked for advice on legitimate ways to live here, like being a doctor if we have a shortage of doctors, for example. As I said in the OP.

Because the tax payers pay. Maybe the money from foreign students helps pay for the universities in England.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Maybe if she doesn't get a visa she might become an illegal :lolol:
My point is I don't think British students are getting a fair deal and we intern keep 140,000 spaces available for foreigners students every year....Yes their parents pay a bomb and yes they're very educated youngsters,but it's time to put the British youngsters first and give the less fortunate an opportunity to get to uni.

Why would you think that foreign students are very educated students compared to UK students, the fee's might indicate that the ability to pay is the critical point and not their academic performance, perhaps the kid that was born near London Road but excelled academically is brighter than his foreign counterpart, why not ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You're not from round here then?

Yep, I acknowledge the street drinking and general mess down there, but I wouldnt condemn that area or its people based on that areas problems.

It seems a default position with some when discussing immigration or asylum to compare the best from other countries against the worst from our own, you lend casual discrimination against predominately white poor people that you wouldnt dare use against those of other ethnicities/nationalities.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yep, I acknowledge the street drinking and general mess down there, but I wouldnt condemn that area or its people based on that areas problems.

It seems a default position with some when discussing immigration or asylum to compare the best from other countries against the worst from our own, you lend casual discrimination against predominately white poor people that you wouldnt dare use against those of other ethnicities/nationalities.

My fault I'm sure, but I absolutely DESPISE anybody anywhere who takes positive pride in their own ignorance and then takes severe umbrage at people who have made huge sacrifices to better themselves.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I don't know she's cleverer, but she studies harder and gets better grades. She might be able to do a job in the future that we have a need for, that can't be met by British workers..

Well if you dont know that she is cleverer and you cannot possibly tell what kind of job she might get, then how can you conclude she would be good for the future of the UK rather than perhaps a hindrance to a comparable UK student.

You're just justifying her qualification for staying by guesswork.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My fault I'm sure, but I absolutely DESPISE anybody anywhere who takes positive pride in their own ignorance and then takes severe umbrage at people who have made huge sacrifices to better themselves.

Waffle absolute waffle ....

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why would you think that foreign students are very educated students compared to UK students, the fee's might indicate that the ability to pay is the critical point and not their academic performance, perhaps the kid that was born near London Road but excelled academically is brighter than his foreign counterpart, why not ?
I would suspect that considering nearly all come from wealthy backgrounds abroad that they must be pretty well educated..NO?
In this country we have an avalanche of youngsters who don't get the opportunity to go to uni for various reasons and this is never addressed as the focus is always on getting foreign students in who pay hideous amounts to study here...I'm not blaming the foreign students I'm blaming the government for not doing enough to get more Brits at uni.Youngsters in this country are really up against it as getting work is really hard and when you get to uni you leave with huge debts with no guarantee on a big salary.Not to mention that 50% of student loans are never paid back because the salaries are not what they used to be or students take lower paid jobs to avoid paying it back.
It's blatantly clear that the universities depend on foreign students and the question is why?
its like its a privitasised industry now that makes the shareholders a fortune from foreign students...The whole system stinks.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well if you dont know that she is cleverer and you cannot possibly tell what kind of job she might get, then how can you conclude she would be good for the future of the UK rather than perhaps a hindrance to a comparable UK student.
I know her grades, she's a straight A student, so I think I can conclude that she will get a good job and help whichever country she works in. We need engineers, and if she becomes a good engineer, maybe that will be useful to the UK. We need people in the medical field, if she becomes a good doctor, maybe that will be useful to the UK.

I appreciate you spending your free time to join the discussion to see if you can help, thank you.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I know her grades, she's a straight A student, so I think I can conclude that she will get a good job and help whichever country she works in. We need engineers, and she's becomes a good engineer, maybe that will be useful to the UK. We need people in the medical field, if she becomes a good doctor, maybe that will be useful to the UK.

I appreciate you spending your free time to join the discussion to see if you can help, thank you.

Its just a debate, I tend not wait for an invite from you to join in.

It isnt clear that she is unique compared to many thousands of UK students, therefore she would at some point impact on those that are from the UK, just as skilled but one gets a job the other doesnt.

Of course perhaps if we had some form of visa qualification we could target those that would indeed be a boon for the UK economy, it would then deal with your own personal guesswork immigration policy.

It then seems rather

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I know her grades, she's a straight A student, so I think I can conclude that she will get a good job and help whichever country she works in. We need engineers, and if she becomes a good engineer, maybe that will be useful to the UK. We need people in the medical field, if she becomes a good doctor, maybe that will be useful to the UK.

Yes we do as you rightly say,but we have students here who train to be nurses for 5 years and start on a salary of 22k...worth studying for?
This is why we go abroad for key workers and this is why nearly 50% of all hospital staff are foreign...Just doesn't seem right that's all.
Certainly not blaming the workers who come here as they do a wonderful job,but you can see why we have very few Brits in the hospitals or medical profession.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I would suspect that considering nearly all come from wealthy backgrounds abroad that they must be pretty well educated..NO?
In this country we have an avalanche of youngsters who don't get the opportunity to go to uni for various reasons and this is never addressed as the focus is always on getting foreign students in who pay hideous amounts to study here...I'm not blaming the foreign students I'm blaming the government for not doing enough to get more Brits at uni.Youngsters in this country are really up against it as getting work is really hard and when you get to uni you leave with huge debts with no guarantee on a big salary.Not to mention that 50% of student loans are never paid back because the salaries are not what they used to be or students take lower paid jobs to avoid paying it back.
It's blatantly clear that the universities depend on foreign students and the question is why?
its like its a privitasised industry now that makes the shareholders a fortune from foreign students...The whole system stinks.

The truth is a large majority of British parents do not push their children to do well in school. They rely too much on the state to do that job for them and just let them piss about at home. Asian countries, even those with a very high percentage of low income families and extreme poverty seem to raise their children very well because they have their family values and forward thinking priorities right. The only places where you will see people binge drinking and fighting on the streets of asia is when there are westerners about. I have many filipino friends that were raised in ghettos that are doing very well for themselves. They were just brought up with a hardworking optimistic mindset.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The truth is a large majority of British parents do not push their children to do well in school. They rely too much on the state to do that job for them and just let them piss about at home. Asian countries, even those with a very high percentage of low income families and extreme poverty seem to raise their children very well because they have their family values and forward thinking priorities right. The only places where you will see people binge drinking and fighting on the streets of asia is when there are westerners about. I have many filipino friends that were raised in ghettos that are doing very well for themselves. They were just brought up with a hardworking optimistic mindset.

Oh come on, Asian countries is a large and diverse global area, with the majority in dire poverty with quite a shocking disparity in wealth distribution to the point its quite shameful, human rights seems to have bypassed them too and some of their attitude towards women seems unacceptably abusive.

I think within some communities for various reasons they prioritise education, which is a good thing but I am not yet ready to look towards them for a template of civilisation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The truth is a large majority of British parents do not push their children to do well in school.

Quite. Seems indeed to be a sizeable minority who truly madly deeply WALLLOW in their own ignorance. Its like a badge of honour in some circles and that's not going to change anytime soon. Cupid stunts. I feel sorry for their kids, who are more or less doomed to repeat the cycle. Blame the parents. Fact.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Oh come on, Asian countries is a large and diverse global area, with the majority in dire poverty with quite a shocking disparity in wealth distribution to the point its quite shameful, human rights seems to have bypassed them too and some of their attitude towards women seems unacceptably abusive.

I think within some communities for various reasons they prioritise education, which is a good thing but I am not yet ready to look towards them for a template of civilisation.

Yeah I could have been more country specific lol

And yes, agreed - many asian countries have many faults ranging from corruption and the treatment of women. All I am saying is that it is important for parents to push their children to be proactive and motivated if they want them to go to university.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That's because these countries are very high on discipline and that's something we've lost in this country in years gone by...You could go on all day,but their is many reasons why we have adolescent kids around who have no prospects for the future.

Look how poor our schools are doing compared to other EU countries and that's one of many things including the parenting of these children.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here