Gettind ejected from the West Stand !!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I saw what happened with the WHU fan who was ejected. Their lot had a yellow beach ball they were knocking about. It dropped over the barrier and this fella jumped over, knocked it back and was about to jump back over to his seat when two stewards piled on top of him and bundled him off. A couple of mins later one of the stewards took the ball and popped it in sight of the WHU fans and took a bow.

The bloke was a bit of a moron for jumping over the barrier but it didn't look to me like he was intent on causing any trouble. It just seemed to serve to rile a load of their lot up, especially what the steward did when he popped the ball.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Seems now people are almost testing the stewards, 2 blokes near to me clear as day were drinking their bottles of fosters!

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
The standers are just selfish bullies. They come on here taking the high moral ground, but in this case why shouldn't they sit and let the STH and young son enjoy what they have paid for-a seat and a view. Well done the stewards for upholding the T & C of the tickets.

Well said. Next season, why don't they allocate the whole of the North stand for "standers" so they can stand til their hearts are content. My mum is 76 and can't keep leaping up every two minutes. Ejecting standers might seem a bit extreme, but may be what's needed to try to sort this problem. Couple of warnings, then out!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The seats are there for a reason......

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I actually saw this from the west stand - was wondering what that was all about!!! Think that's an absolute disgrace and I feel sorry to your relatives for the awful experience. Personally that bloke sounds like a bit of a dick and should just man up.

At the the start of the season I constantly stood up during games, unaware that the bloke behind me has something wrong with him meaning he couldn't get up as quickly as you and I. At half-time in one game, believe it was Blackpool, he asked me not to do it so much as I'm blocking his view and explained what's wrong with him. I apologised and co-operated so that himself and I can both enjoy the day. If the father didn't moan so much and actually politely confronted then this would never happen.

Mind you, stewards are towing a strict line since the Argus made an article about standing during games but then again, most of them I've chatted to don't want to do because it "damages the atmosphere". Stewards to me are like referee's - they're just there to do a job and a favour for us all, you occasionally get the odd wanker but 95% of them are really down to earth and a good laugh to be with.*

*awaiting potential stick

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
How come the away supporters are allowed to stand every game. Most games it is virtually the whole stand yet it seems to be ignored, yet one or two home supporters stand they are treated like criminals?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
How come the away supporters are allowed to stand every game. Most games it is virtually the whole stand yet it seems to be ignored, yet one or two home supporters stand they are treated like criminals?

trying kicking out 2000 fans

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Thats half the issue with the passionate fans mixing with no passion that mixes with the new breed of albion fans that are mixing with fans who have returned.

There's going to be issues and this seems to be another case of the club going OTT and just slinging people out.

I get passionate, swear, shout and scream in support of the team, everytime I do the woman and her fella in the row in front look at me like im the lowest form and im sure it wont be too long before im frog marched out.

It appears the club and some fans want no noise, no passion, no standing, no singing and just a load of law abiding zombies who want to sit down and only make noise if we score, the club needs to be careful for what it wishes for.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
trying kicking out 2000 fans

Agree, not practical, maybe the whole home crowd should stand, nothing could be done then.

Also, the 3 seats to the left of me in WSL have been sat in by different people for every home game, and not one of them has made any sound, I have to prod them every 10 minutes to see if they are still alive. One game we had a penalty, everyone was obvioulsy standing, waiting for the kick, yet the guys next to me did not even stand up to see, just sat there looking at the backs of the people in front.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Same when we go to away games-that's why I don't go any more. Having said that, I suspect our fans provide better vocal support away than I would, so somewhat hypocritically I sort of accept not going as a price worth paying. Wish there was a compromise though.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Agree, not practical, maybe the whole home crowd should stand, nothing could be done then.

Also, the 3 seats to the left of me in WSL have been sat in by different people for every home game, and not one of them has made any sound, I have to prod them every 10 minutes to see if they are still alive. One game we had a penalty, everyone was obvioulsy standing, waiting for the kick, yet the guys next to me did not even stand up to see, just sat there looking at the backs of the people in front.

I understand that some people will not watch a penalty as they are superstitious, I must admit at times it can be hard to watch one!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thats half the issue with the passionate fans mixing with no passion that mixes with the new breed of albion fans that are mixing with fans who have returned.

There's going to be issues and this seems to be another case of the club going OTT and just slinging people out.

I get passionate, swear, shout and scream in support of the team, everytime I do the woman and her fella in the row in front look at me like im the lowest form and im sure it wont be too long before im frog marched out.

It appears the club and some fans want no noise, no passion, no standing, no singing and just a load of law abiding zombies who want to sit down and only make noise if we score, the club needs to be careful for what it wishes for.
Don't mix preferring to sit with lack of passion or not singing and no noise. I do all of this, just sitting down. It's not difficult.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It seems things are really strict at the mo. I've heard of a lot of people getting bans. Surely a warning would be sufficient in most cases
Why do they need a warning...Rules are no standing...I'd get pissed off as well,there is nothing worse than paying to watch a match then the bloke in front persist in standing on chants...Northside/Westside,Stand up if you hate Palace,corners....the only standing should be when Albion actually score. I must add that I'm not the bloke who moans about it...in fact nobody can now stand in front of me,but I can understand why people do complain,they pay their money to watch a football game not to look at someones backside...having lit the blue touch paper...stand back......

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Probably a bit harsh being thrown out but why oh why do people insist on trying to stand?

I was in the West lower last night (normally West Upper STH) and I have to say I was really disappointed by the experience. It seemed to me that an entire swathe of fans stood up, not just when the Albion reached an attacking position, but when they got the ball even in our own penalty area.

Added to that, a guy in front stood up and went out (presumable for a p---) at least four times in the course of the second half alone thus interfering with the enjoyment of many.

I do seriously hope that the club will live up to it's promises re standing etc., BUT, the biggest problem as described on NSC, is that policies are not applied universally across the stadium or indeed even within one particular stand. Where are the Stand Managers ?

These are some of the things which may cause some not to renew STs.

BTW, I could not easily stand up as currently requiring a stick !

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Are you saying that you can only be passionate in your support if you stand?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Don't mix preferring to sit with lack of passion or not singing and no noise. I do all of this, just sitting down. It's not difficult.

It's good you do it mate and more should do follow, It;s frustrating sitting amongst corpses who only make a bit of noise if something major happens, I hope and pray this changes as time goes on.

In regards to your comment, I'm not mixing anything but realistically how vocal can you be sitting down, we need to be off our seats rousing the boys, getting behind them. In my little opinion SOME people dont get it or feel it and its causing clear issues and will continue to.

My thoughts were that it would zero tolerance in the east, not in every part of the ground. I cant fully comment on this individuel but it seems to be happening a lot now.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I think a lot of the problem now is that too many fans are being harshly treated by the club. They are dishing bans out far too freely and not even warning fans - if they don't stop they will spoil everything that is good about this club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports