Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get in the correct lane you daft MORONS!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Ooh, pint please.

To be fair, that junction is a nightmare anyway during busy periods.
Yes, putting speed restrictions along that section may help.
I travel past there every morning, so I make sure I'm always in the fast lane to avoid slow traffic wanting to use the sliproad or the ones coming from Brighton heading towards Lewes that just pull out.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
All good suggestions although I think NSC would have a field day with the wrong spelling of queue! :thumbup:

QUOTE=GoldWithFalmer;5505847] QUES AHEAD!!!!![/QUOTE]

maybe our current spanish contingent are waiters in their spare time "a la Fawlty Towers"

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Taxi drivers should know better,but tell me what qualifications does a taxi driver require? To be able to call them selves a "Professional"

They get paid for being behind the wheel and consider themselves experts!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ooh, pint please.

I travel past there every morning, so I make sure I'm always in the fast lane to avoid slow traffic wanting to use the sliproad or the ones coming from Brighton heading towards Lewes that just pull out.

ok i have to hold my hands up i didnt realise it was this bad normally,still i dont think it excuses the taxi drivers and dont get me started on the bus w&%kers

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
ok
the thread should be renamed
"if you are going to football and have used this route before would you kindly join the back of the queue instead of being an wally"

- - - Updated - - -

and potentially killing someone because you are a MORON

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
ok
the thread should be renamed
"if you are going to football and have used this route before would you kindly join the back of the queue instead of being an wally"

To be fair,that is not always possible,let's rename the thread-that junction is not safe and those that get paid £100k a year to design it should have a re think..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
we had a discussion in the car today,after all witnessing a miraculous escape by a van driver,and yes we were discussing it because we could not believe there had not been an accident...one of the chaps said why not have signs starting 2 miles out "all stadium traffic left hand lane only" or something along those lines

You could have signs 25 miles out, the kind of selfish twats that you opened the thread with will still try and cut in the last 50 or so yards.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
i could quite possibly get absolutely shafted for saying this but today was the final straw.

i drive to all home games from the west and approaching the falmer turn off i move into the left hand lane and get in the queue.

its an average of about 15 mins waiting in line until i get to the car park.i think its fair to say i have seen nearly every time some idiot who has driven the whole length of the queue and tried to sneak in at the last opportunity only to have to come to a full stop on the inside lane because there is no gap.there usually ensues a car traveling at speed on its way to Lewes having to swerve into the fast lane to avoid the now parked car.

well today i saw four close calls(and i only queued for 10 mins today) and two were because of Brighton and Hove taxis(who are usually the culprits)

this is not a rant at the club or the road infrastructure,just prick drivers

it just seems this is an accident waiting to happen and i would hate to see a car load of dead albion fans strewn over the A27 because you cant wait the extra 5 mins.

if you are reading this and a culprit please do everyone a favour and think.

if you are one of the taxi drivers that does this you are a moron and should know better

I do live a good driving rant. The "Anyone who drives faster than me is a maniac, anoyone who drives slower than me is an idiot" school of thought. Have you though about using public transport so as you are no longer part of the problem?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
On the coach last week, the coach driver blocked both the lanes on the way to the roundabout at the top of the slip lane as he was fed up with people (namely other coaches) from cutting in at the top.

He's off the bus/coach drivers union Christmas list.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I often pull into the fast lane anyway when passing traffic like that,some idiot's even pullout never mind pull in,it's called defensive driving..

That said,i don't think there is a lot that can be done about it other than to have a speed camera fitted down there and reduce the speed limit to 50mph on that section,or a bigger **flashing*** signs saying QUES AHEAD!!!!!

Fast lane ??? :facepalm:

D

Deleted member 22389

Yesterday an AA van was trying to pull out on to the road, with a car on tow. I reversed leaving enough space for the car in front to also reverse, because I could clearly see that the AA Van did not have enough space to make the turn. As the AA van started turning, the vechicle in front decided to move forward and got stuck. Instead of reversing they panicked, so drove up on the curb.
Can some drivers not see that long vechicles need to given extra space when making sharp turns.

Found this video on youtube. Exactly the same situation.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Ooh, pint please.

Fast lane ??? :facepalm:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here