Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get behind the manager and give him the time he needs and deserves.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sorry for another Oscar thread but I thought I would try and redress the balance and take the focus from the threads posted by our unhappy 'customers'. I have taken my post from one of their threads and created this one.

He needs time to put his vision into practice, There have been several problems at the club which he has had to deal with. We were in disarray when he arrived and dealing with all the nonsense from the last manager. He has had injury problems all year and now he has the added issue of players being out of contract. He is clearly struggling to get his game plan going and may take a little longer than we would all like to adapt to Championship football.

We really haven't given him enough time to do his job, he should be given at least a summer and proper pre season before we right him off. Anything else is just knee jerk and part of the instant gratification culture which blights football and wider culture in this day and age.

We complain that football treats us like customers and not proper fans yet that is exactly how we behave.

Yep, i do back the manager, as iv'e often stated.....but having attended the games, i'm a bit despondent, especially after the last couple of home games.
No disrespect BF, but i think you have to be there live.
The play and lack of belief and atmosphere is overwhelming/underwhelming.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Week in week out there are 26,000 odd people desperate for an excuse to get behind the team but we have been served nothing but pish all season and the patience of the many is all but run out.
Lets be honest, there is no real conviction or belief amongst most of us that a few choruses of 'Al-bion, Al-bion' is going to make any difference to the players. Confidence has gone off the pitch as well as on, but it's not our responsibility to sort this mess out, that's the job the players and staff are PAID to do. We PAY to be entertained and show our support, or otherwise, when we feel the team are deserving.
If they at least try to play with a modicum of passion and flare then the support WILL follow. Total indifference is how it appears at the moment where I sit and the club, manager and players should be thankful the support is as good as it is quite honestly.

Oscar is unlikely to change his tactics and defensive football philosophy next season so prepare to be bored senseless again.......unless we make some VERY positive moves in the transfer market through the summer. And i mean at least 4 new experienced players (not youngsters with potential - we have enough of those, nor journeymen) who are attack minded with a bit of pace.

I fear for us next season if come August we have only signed one or two players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here