Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gestede it is then...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No he has not. Don't peddle lies. He played the full 90 mins at QPR, arguably one of our best performances of the season.
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?matchid=3647049

Oh sorry, I do always try to acknowledge when i'm wrong. I forgot the one game Barnes hasn't been subbed in or dropped for this season. Did we have any strikers on the bench that night by the way??? I'm guessing not, although I could be wrong......and I never peddle lies, for you information.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He is not a lone striker any more than CMS is and would thrive upfront with someone to play off. I have my doubts whether we are the right club for him any more though given the last two manager's penchant for not playing with two strikers. You really do look at everything in very dark black or blinding white don't you?

I still rate Barnes but if we are looking to slag off our players and managers, as you seem to thrive on, I could make a case for saying pretty well everyone in the squad is shit or a sick note at this stage of the season :rolleyes:

Maybe Oscar will find a place for both Barnes and Lita. I'd love that because I know you'd be in a dark corner somewhere frothing at the mouth about it, imagine if it then worked too :lolol:

This. Anti-Poyet. Anti-Barnes. Starts Negative threads........ Kevtherev - You seem to get just a little too much enjoyment in our difficulties....... Very few constructive comments if any.....

In terms of Barnes apparently Poyet and other premiership managers see things you don't. Perhaps Oscar has got his card marked, but what if he's wrong and Poyet et al are right?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh sorry, I do always try to acknowledge when i'm wrong. I forgot the one game Barnes hasn't been subbed in or dropped for this season. Did we have any strikers on the bench that night by the way??? I'm guessing not, although I could be wrong......and I never peddle lies, for you information.

So you did walk up & down the Palace pier with the kitchen table nailed to your crown jewels, singing 'My old man's a dustman'?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
This. Anti-Poyet. Anti-Barnes. Starts Negative threads........ Kevtherev Do you even support Brighton? It just feels that you get just a little too much enjoyment in our difficulties....... Very few constructive comments if any.....

In terms of Barnes apparently Poyet and other premiership managers see things you don't. Perhaps Oscar has got his card marked, but what if he's wrong and Poyet et al are right?

I've supported Brighton all my life my friend. But I don't see that as reason to just have tunnel vision on things. For the record, I am behind Oscar atm, but this slump can't continue injuries or no injuries. I don't like and have never liked 1 up front and I also thing with no Bridcutt it's the wrong system for us....As for Barnes, I think he is shocking and the fact Poyet rates him proves nothing. He must have rated Harley, Paynter, Holroyd and others at some stage. Leicester once paid £5m for Trevor Benjamin, the fact someoe makes an offer for a player, doesn't mean they are worth it...Adam Virgo anyone..enough said.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I've supported Brighton all my life my friend. But I don't see that as reason to just have tunnel vision on things. For the record, I am behind Oscar atm, but this slump can't continue injuries or no injuries. I don't like and have never liked 1 up front and I also thing with no Bridcutt it's the wrong system for us....As for Barnes, I think he is shocking and the fact Poyet rates him proves nothing. He must have rated Harley, Paynter, Holroyd and others at some stage. Leicester once paid £5m for Trevor Benjamin, the fact someoe makes an offer for a player, doesn't mean they are worth it...Adam Virgo anyone..enough said.

That could be taken out of context!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Firstly apologies about the Brighton comment, you will see I removed it.

I am always behind us no matter what, and whilst I have voiced my concern over a lot of individual performances in the last 3 games. It just feels you do not always feel the same. So when Barnes crossed for Ulloa vs Arsenal was it a fluke? Or this season at Reading when he came on and made a marked difference and gave us a focal point.

For me Barnes is a very good player, whose movement is excellent, that's why he combined so well with Vicente. He is not a centre forward, but a player who plays just off him (in my view). Defensively, he is streets ahead any other forward player in our team I include KLL and Buckley in that.

The fact Oscar plays the wrong formation is not down to Barnes...... I have been very disappointed with Oscar tactically this season, but hope when everyone comes back, he'll be able to implement his plans.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Easy to pick on one lol. Barnes has been dropped or subbed in every league game he has been involved in this season. Now we are getting another striker in. I think it's more than fair to say Oscar has Barnes's number.

Hes not a lone striker though is he, anyone can see that.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So you did walk up & down the Palace pier with the kitchen table nailed to your crown jewels, singing 'My old man's a dustman'?

Thanks for providing that endearing image, TB. My plate of grub has just gone in the bin.

ps Although I've thankfully got the originally quoted muppet on ignore, it doesn't surprise me in the least that he's being quoted so often tbh. I do my best not to read any of his dribble, but sadly - & somewhat inevitably - some of it leaks through. I wonder if he still believes that OG: "..oozes class and seems very confident in himself and what he wants. Reminds me a bit of a young Mourinho"? :lol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A lot of the problem atm, is we are being asked to pay top end prices(for the championship) and we are not getting a top end product. Yes I know we have injuries, but Cms, Hoskins and Bridcutt you can forget for the time being anyway. Orlandi's record with injuries isn't the best, so even when he comes back, he will probably last five games tops. I just can't see anything changing, unless we change formation. That could be the answer, well somethings has got to be done, because this clearly isn't working and we got what we have got for at least the next half dozen games. And by then the season could be over. I don't pay £600 a year to see my season over by Xmas in terms of looking upwards.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Thanks for providing that endearing image, TB. My plate of grub has just gone in the bin.

ps Although I've thankfully got the originally quoted muppet on ignore, it doesn't surprise me in the least that he's being quoted so often tbh. I do my best not to read any of his dribble, but sadly - & somewhat inevitably - some of it leaks through. I wonder if he still believes that OG: "..oozes class and seems very confident in himself and what he wants. Reminds me a bit of a young Mourinho"? :lol:

Yes I do still think Garcia oozes class and seems very confident. But something is clearly not right, it may well be the case his hands are tied. None of that changes the fact this slump needs addressing. I have also said Garcia might just be a case of right man, wrong time....Time will tell, but results need to change in the next three games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes I do still think Garcia oozes class and seems very confident. But something is clearly not right, it may well be the case his hands are tied. None of that changes the fact this slump needs addressing. I have also said Garcia might just be a case of right man, wrong time....Time will tell, but results need to change in the next three games.

What troubles me is the tactics. The only time I think we've played really well was the first half at Birmingham. When Forest went down to 10 men, we played more narrow, which even a Youth team manager would know is not the right thing. The forwards rotate way too much to the point Buckley has been in the middle, with Ulloa out wide. We are going long far too early rather than retaining possession.

Hopefully in he new year we'll go on a run and be set up for the following season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What troubles me is the tactics. The only time I think we've played really well was the first half at Birmingham. When Forest went down to 10 men, we played more narrow, which even a Youth team manager would know is not the right thing. The forwards rotate way too much to the point Buckley has been in the middle, with Ulloa out wide. We are going long far too early rather than retaining possession.

Hopefully in he new year we'll go on a run and be set up for the following season.

So in a nutshell, you are writing this season off already??? I don't think it's that bad, although the signs are not good granted. That's why I think we need at least 5 points from the next three games. If we don't start chalking up the points, we will need 2pts a game(champions form) over 28 games, to reach the play offs(the target set by the chairman). That won't happen and it will all be about next season before this calendar year is out. The cannot be acceptable.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So in a nutshell, you are writing this season off already??? I don't think it's that bad, although the signs are not good granted. That's why I think we need at least 5 points from the next three games. If we don't start chalking up the points, we will need 2pts a game(champions form) over 28 games, to reach the play offs(the target set by the chairman). That won't happen and it will all be about next season before this calendar year is out. The cannot be acceptable.

Sort of based on what I've seen. However I do think in the new year with fewer injuries, we could go on a Reading style run and make the play-offs.......

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Why thank you. Although to be fair, HKFC started it with "Gestede once more".

No probs, you deserve it. Besides, I never bother complementing anything HKFC writes on here. Treat 'em mean & keep 'em keen innit. :wink:

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
He is not a lone striker any more than CMS is and would thrive upfront with someone to play off. I have my doubts whether we are the right club for him any more though given the last two manager's penchant for not playing with two strikers. You really do look at everything in very dark black or blinding white don't you?

I still rate Barnes but if we are looking to slag off our players and managers, as you seem to thrive on, I could make a case for saying pretty well everyone in the squad is shit or a sick note at this stage of the season :rolleyes:

Maybe Oscar will find a place for both Barnes and Lita. I'd love that because I know you'd be in a dark corner somewhere frothing at the mouth about it, imagine if it then worked too :lolol:

barnes and cms may not be lone strikers, but i'm afraid we have seen them both repeatedly miss golden opportunities to score. when you have good chance it is irrelevant if you good on your own or not. i was behind the goal in the first half when barnes headed straight at the goalkeeper, there was a huge space between the gk and the post. it was fairly typical barnes. this is the first time i've slated him on here, but i'm afraid my patience has now run out with - hes not good enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here