Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gerrard named manager of Saudi side Al-Ettifaq

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Former England and Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard has been named manager of Saudi Arabian side Al-Ettifaq. (BBC)

Thoughts? 🤔

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Good

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A shame, actually had some respect for Gerrard but now he's taken the blood money then sod him.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Found his level.

Annoying that he won two out of two (?) against us though

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A marriage made in, well, somewhere or other.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
A marriage made in, well, somewhere or other.

Sky reporting he also has offers from Lazio, Fenrbache and Palace. Usual rumours we all know he will resign for palace

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Former England and Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard has been named manager of Saudi Arabian side Al-Ettifaq. (BBC)

Thoughts? 🤔
I think he's going to make a lot of money, probably do OK (although I have no idea what that team is like) and come back to the PL and try his hand at managing here. Maybe get a team into Europe and then eventually get the England job. And be mediocre at that, like the majority of them.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
After the Villa debacle he was never going to get another PL job and certainly would not be in the running for taking over at Liverpool after Klopp leaves. I am sure that he could revive his career somewhere other than Saudi but clearly money talks - perhaps he doesn't have enough already? I doubt we will see him again managing over here anytime soon.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Went to Rangers, couldn't really lose, runners up at worst.

Came back to a proper league, proved himself to be not very good.

Now running off back to a safe 'league' showering himself in easy money. Utterly pathetic.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I wonder what his wife and 3 daughters think about it. It's the sort of job someone would take as a last payday before retirement. Shameful.
Fairs fair, things are changing over there. The Saudis are slowly moving into the 20th century. His wife will even be allowed to drive a car there now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here