Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Their poor finishing to date is all that marks them out as a dark horse rather than a serious contender. Their full backs have been absolutely superb.

As a team defensively they have been very good. Germany were missing their usual zip in the final third and every time this split second of indecisiveness enabled Poland to get their team behind the ball.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] tempted me to back Muller Top Scorer for the tourno saying how he would be the lone striker - but he really hasn't been - I'm blaming your post on NSC for this ;)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are right, I was too hasty
Cool, just checking.
but the chances of either Poland or Germany not making it to the 2nd round are rather minute.
Indeed, it's a weird system with more teams than ever. Are there any European nations that play football that didn't qualify for these Championships?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed, it's a weird system with more teams than ever. Are there any European nations that play football that didn't qualify for these Championships?

Agree. It's too bloated now. I loved the 3 weeks finals; this 3 games a day one month malarkey doesn't work for me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agree. It's too bloated now. I loved the 3 weeks finals; this 3 games a day one month malarkey doesn't work for me.
I said it was a weird system, I didn't say I didn't like it :)

It's nice to give some of the lesser teams a chance. Although I appreciate we'd need to up the intake to about 50 to give Scotland a chance.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I said it was a weird system, I didn't say I didn't like it :)

It's nice to give some of the lesser teams a chance. Although I appreciate we'd need to up the intake to about 50 to give Scotland a chance.

I think it's far too bloated (remember when UEFA made two group stages for The Champions League?), but have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the football and the competitiveness of the games. Germany-Poland was the worst game so far in my view; Germany didn't exactly do a good impression of World Cup holders: lacking in creativity, rapidity of passing and movement, and posed little goal threat.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's about opinions I guess.

That Polish striker had 2/3 very, very decent chances. If those had fallen to Lewandowski we'd be looking at something like 2-0 right now. By Germany's standards that was poor. Don't get me wrong, Poland are no pushovers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here