Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germany vs Poland

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Imagine if England had failed to beat Poland. Meltdown. #Perspective

Poland looked like a very composed and able side.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
There's been one stand out game during the Euros and a handful of decent games and that's it.

This competition is very open and anyone can win it.The top teams have dropped in standard and the small teams
have raised their game yet again.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Got the feeling both teams were content with the draw. Could have been a great game if there had been more at stake.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Got the feeling both teams were content with the draw. Could have been a great game if there had been more at stake.

I would agree. The downside was the number of German yellow cards, they'll be disappointed with this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Poland could be dark horses to win the tournament. They ruined Northern Ireland and really should be winning here.

Steady. Germany were poor last night, and Poland should've put them away. They didn't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unusual result, normally the Germans completely overrun Poland.

Erm... last 5 games between Poland and Germany were 3 draws, 1 Polish win and 1 German win.

whoosh.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Steady. Germany were poor last night, and Poland should've put them away. They didn't.
I know, but that striker won't miss two such presentable chances again in this tournament, and Lewandowski won't remain a peripheral figure all tournament either. Their poor finishing to date is all that marks them out as a dark horse rather than a serious contender. Their full backs have been absolutely superb.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I think the post you replied to was in reference to an event in 1939.

Possibly, but even then the losses they suffered in both men and equipment make it hard to call it "overrun", especially that we had to play against two teams at the same time: Germany and Soviet Union (isn't that against the rules by the way?).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Both teams poor could this be our year?

Nah. I reckon we're about the 5th best side there, if playing to potential. Probably quarters, possible semis if a favourable draw. I would like to see us against a side that actually ATTACKS us for once, think then we'd see the best of our attacking play.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Both teams have qualified to the knock-out stage.
How so? If they both lose their next game, they finish on 4 points. That might be enough, but it might not be.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Poland look one of the best sides, so far. Solid defence, creative midfielders and dangerous upfront.

Could well get to the last four, I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here