Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germans watching the World Cup in Berlin

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My local (named after the Slayer drummer) has installed two huge screens on the outside of the building; it's on an angle and there's one screen on each side. The idea is we sit in the street and watch the game.

So you haven't taken a sofa to Union's ground?

The weather is gorgeous here at the moment, and we've got a massive screen on the beach. I will spend a few evenings there, I feel. Maybe even Spain v Holland this evening.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
If you're going to make mildly provocative anti German references, using only one word, you'd think you'd take the time to make sure that you spelled that word correctly.

No no, you're quite wrong. If I was going to make mildly provocative anti German references using only one word I would try my hardest to spell it incorrectly. If I was going to use offensive Gaelic insults as a username...THEN I'd make sure I got it spot on.

Bellend.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No no, you're quite wrong. If I was going to make mildly provocative anti German references using only one word I would try my hardest to spell it incorrectly. If I was going to use offensive Gaelic insults as a username...THEN I'd make sure I got it spot on.

Bellend.

Ah, I see. You did it on purpose. My mistake.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bellend.

Hmmmm. You should have tried the "it was a typo" option. That would have been more convincing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cool picture. Let's have a binfest!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Totally impractical and will result in a lot of sofas being dumped after the match.
I'm already livid.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
That smilie would have worked had Hitler been in charge! Awesome_Smiley_Hitler-s512x581-75881.png

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
In '82, I was in the city when local politico and funeral director Freddy Langone arranged to close off off Hanover St in the most Italian neighborhood of Boston, the North End -- and brought in a projector TV on a flatbed for the final against West Germany.

Was that ever a night.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
In '82, I was in the city when local politico and funeral director Freddy Langone arranged to close off off Hanover St in the most Italian neighborhood of Boston, the North End -- and brought in a projector TV on a flatbed for the final against West Germany.

Was that ever a night.

Lucky sod. I was at a Clash gig that night, on the same night as the bloody World Cup Final. I was hoping for a dull 0-0 and then a penalty shoutout.

But THAT final happened. And I missed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here