Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Osborne,does he have a point ?

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
This - I thought it would be hard to regard Gideon with any more contempt than I already did but his comments clearly show what an odious little scumbag he is.
Grow up ffs , he was aked a question whether the philpotts were products of the welfare state and he answered that the question needs to be asked whether the state should be funding lifestyles like these , spare me the fake outrage , it also needs tks be said that those kids are dead as a direct result of the philpotts eifher attmpting to get a bigger house or to smear the woman who took five of the kids away costing him a lot of money in benefits , grow up and don't bother asking where the proof is , you know it even if you won't admit it .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Grow up ffs , he was aked a question whether the philpotts were products of the welfare state and he answered that the question needs to be asked whether the state should be funding lifestyles like these , spare me the fake outrage , it also needs tks be said that those kids are dead as a direct result of the philpotts eifher attmpting to get a bigger house or to smear the woman who took five of the kids away costing him a lot of money in benefits , grow up and don't bother asking where the proof is , you know it even if you won't admit it .

The kids didn't ask to be born in to that lifestyle though did they? If you were an employer would you have given him a job? If not how would you have fed his kids? They died because he was a thick psycho, not because of the welfare state.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I think it's you that needs to grow up. The same offensive link was plastered all over the front of a national paper too. Osbourne could have very very easily chosen not to comment on the family. But he didn't.

Do you understand modern politics ? This was an opportunity to link policy to a single real event. Same way May used the story about the cat. He would have been briefed the question may be asked.

He misjudged it massively and it's backfired. Opportunist cretin.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
This is exactly the reason why companies refuse to discuss individual cases on news programs. Because it makes you look like an insensitive moron whose only interest is his own political capital.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dandyman

In London village.

Stop talking drivel - there are a handful of families in the UK with families that size that live on benefits. In this case the women in the family were actually working. To play politics with the death of children is disgusting. The current government is waging war on some of the most vulnerable people in our country and lowering the living standards of most of us while handing out tax cuts to the wealthiest. The current crisis was not created by working people but it is the many rather than the fat cat few that are paying for it.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Given that the case has quite clearly highlighted that the kids were seen as routes to benefits and bigger houses in purely welfare terms I think he does have a point. Is it right that the state agrees to keep giving more and more money and bigger and bigger houses every time someone breeds? Anyone thinking that there aren't people having kids or fighting over custody of kids (as in this case) at least partly in order to secure benefits is naive in the extreme. I don't think anyone is trying to suggest its any more than a small minority of absolute scum. If I was a minister I'd be very frustrated that every time I tried to open up a debate about where the system clearly is either unfair, or supporting lifestyles that are clearly to the detriment of the country and the community everyone screamed at me that I was trying to slur everyone on benefits, I should live on £53 a week etc. The crap quality of the political parties in this country is a direct reflection of the crap standard of debate and, frankly, lack of interest from most of the public in having any sort of sensible debate about anything. That's why we have a welfare state we can't afford, a healthcare system not built to cover the costs of modern medicine and an ageing population, a pension/elderly care time bomb and crap competitiveness versus other major world economies (including a much lazier and less well qualified workforce in key fields like science and technology than many emerging economies) and no one doing anything ambitious to correct the problems.

However, none of that excuses the fact that quoting an example where an evil man and his dumb bitch of a partner have just killed a load of kids, is callous, insensitive, idiotic and probably political suicide. In the days of social media driven hysteria I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his job on this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Thanks for that. What's your point? That private companies should employ people with convictions for attacking colleagues? That sperm come out of someone's bollocks shouting "please let me be the 11th son of a council estate psycho"? That he should have set up his own family builder's merchants in a credit crunch?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Even Anne Widdecombe refused to draw the correlation between benefits and a mass killer. Osbourne and his party are, as ever, a bunch of odious, selfish *******s.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To use Gorgeous Gideon's analogy,whereby since Philpot was an evil criminal all those on benefits must be, therefore, all politicians are thieving criminals because some MPs went to prison for fiddling their expenses!

i'm pretty sure that analogy isnt made anywhere. the question is of course edited out, it was about the situation of the large family living on welfare. he's fallen for a trap with a crass reply thinking he's clever. one could ask why such a loaded question was put in the first place, but of course a politician should be able to bat it way, its astonishing this chap is in charge of strategy for a political party.

and most people do think all MPs are theiving criminals because a few got caught fiddling.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Last week Duncan Smith claimed on the radio he could live on £53 a week after a market trader challenged him to live like he does.

George Osbourne's response to the above ?

"I don't think it is sensible to reduce this debate to an argument about one individual's set of circumstances and the example that was given on the BBC radio,"

How things change in 48 hours.

Unless the Tories get rid of Dave and Gideon they will be demolished at the next election. No wonder the grass roots are already mobilisation against them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
i'm pretty sure that analogy isnt made anywhere. the question is of course edited out, it was about the situation of the large family living on welfare. he's fallen for a trap with a crass reply thinking he's clever. one could ask why such a loaded question was put in the first place, but of course a politician should be able to bat it way, its astonishing this chap is in charge of strategy for a political party.

and most people do think all MPs are theiving criminals because a few got caught fiddling.

I don't think he fell into a trap at all. Surrounding the coverage by the Mail this morning the issue was debated in length on the Today programme.

Can't believe he wouldn't have aware or briefed. No way in hell he wasn't expecting that question.

Easy to bat the question away. More difficult to link it to Welfare spending. The "message" was prepared and wholly misjudged.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Yes he does. If I was him I'd say you can only claim 2 kids on benefits not 17, FFS. There are family's out there who'd love to have one child but can't as they can't afford it whereas these fecking vermin pump kids out like a production line as they know they'll reap the reawrds. Thanks Labour bunch of useless coccks.

Enough is enough.
Absolutely right...anybody who can take out money from the collections and sell off the Teddy bears left by wellwishers and has kids just to reap the benefits and to say when they are free will have sex over the childrens graves must be real sick vermin..hope prison justice is dealt out by the inmates. It is part of the benefit culture...if he did not get benefits he would not have set up a production line of children...it is a breeding ground of sloth...people who deserve benefits should be entitled,but keep the chancers out.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
beorhthelm said:

Disagree. People are aware that only a few broke the law, but we're shocked at the system that existed that quite legally allowed MPs to furnish their houses with huge televisions and satellite subscriptions at taxpayers expense.

That was the scandal and the fact (quite obviously) that no-one in Parliament spoke up against it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He's dropped a bollock there, big time.

This should really be a political nail in his coffin.

Aside from the c**ty undertones of making that connection, especially on the day three child killers got sentenced - even if you thought it and believed it, any savvy politician should know that you're never getting away with that comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here