Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] George Floyd trial

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
On LBC today their expert said that if US politicians appeared to take one side once this jury was sent out, there can be no consequences, because the jury was kept away from all news sources/media and had their mobiles taken away from them, also no calls allowed.

That guy spoke only 30 mins before the announcement that a verdict had been reached

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s a relief that a man we could all see killing someone has been convicted of killing someone

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surprised so little comment on the thread. Oh, hang on...yes there was a game on...

So....after the game...

Brilliant result. It would have been so depressing if the policeman had walked.

Change in process is now due. Process in the police and the laws. Biden may well have a go....

But America is a nation of franchise states....we all know how franchises operate. If not last week we knew, then this week we know. And they have to be battled.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New York Times saying judge Cahill will determine if there are aggravating factors that justify a higher sentence than usual. Among the aggravating factors in the crime, the prosecution has argued in court filings, were the presence of children on the scene when Mr. Floyd was killed, that Mr. Floyd was treated with “particular cruelty” by Mr. Chauvin, and that Mr. Chauvin, as a police officer, “abused his position of authority.”

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
New York Times saying judge Cahill will determine if there are aggravating factors that justify a higher sentence than usual. Among the aggravating factors in the crime, the prosecution has argued in court filings, were the presence of children on the scene when Mr. Floyd was killed, that Mr. Floyd was treated with “particular cruelty” by Mr. Chauvin, and that Mr. Chauvin, as a police officer, “abused his position of authority.”
Good, go all the way.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It will now be interesting to see if the actions of that corrupt race baiting arse clown Maxine Watters leads to an appeal based in what she did and said.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It’s a relief that a man we could all see killing someone has been convicted of killing someone

Perfectly put. Amazing it was ever in doubt but for once, justice done.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You’ve shown your true colours in that little rant.

Have I? You're obviously an emotional little man if you think that was a rant.

Or are you too thick to realise this moron of a Senator could have given them the ammunition to push for a mistrial appeal.

I'm going with you are that thick.

(CNN)The judge overseeing former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin's trial in the death of George Floyd said Monday that Rep. Maxine Waters' comments could be grounds for appealing a verdict.

"I'll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned," Judge Peter Cahill told defense attorney Eric Nelson on Monday.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
You’ve shown your true colours in that little rant.

What again? He's one of the most "ignored" posters on this board. He's been on my list pretty much since the function was introduced.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It will now be interesting to see if the actions of that corrupt race baiting arse clown Maxine Watters leads to an appeal based in what she did and said.

It will not be interesting and as said you’ve shown your side. Unusual for a non judgmental man of liberty.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It will not be interesting and as said you’ve shown your side. Unusual for a non judgmental man of liberty.

And?

Those terms describe that person perfectly.

You have no idea who she is that much is obvious.

That a Californian Senator would go to someone else's state to grandstand and rile up an already volatile crowd shows their true character.

Just so you know:

Liberal watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington named Waters to its list of corrupt members of Congress in its 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2011 reports.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Sometimes in the states , when police are accused of murder , you can see possible reasons why a situation may have happened, especially if they are involved in a gun battle or a gun is being pointed at a policeman . This case is the clearest case of murder i have ever seen where there was zero threat to the policeman at all times and the man killed was clearly suffering from some anxiety issues . One of the biggest problems we have in the states which is different to here in England is the way that the police usually speak to both Black and Hispanic ‘ suspects ‘ it’s usually in a off hand and aggressive manner that suggests the police have already decided they must have done something wrong . This helps create an atmosphere of distrust on both sides .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here