Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
...with the stunning Alexandra Bastedo in the foreground

TheChampionsOpening.jpg

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Very nice city. Went there to visit CERN for my brother's birthday, and it's a beautiful place. Exepensive, yes, but we stayed in a hostel that was very reasonably priced (when booked online well in advance). The city is lovely, clean, there's bits to do and things to see around the lake, and the transport is efficient and reliable. Wouldn't recommend for more than a long weekend break though, due to costs and lack of activities to pass huge amounts of time. Pleasant, just...yeah, nice and pleasant.

Hairy airport to land on I gather. Went there for a job interview once over a weekend. The job was actually based at a place called Ferney-Voltaire which is in France, but only a mile or two outside Geneva. There is a huge "black" economy of people living in France but who drive into Switzerland to work (or was then).

Pubs pretty soulless the international diplomat brigade everywhere. I actually did work in Lausanne (down the lake a way) for a while, really nice place. University town.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I watched England beat Argentina 3-2 in Stade de Geneve. Fantastic atmosphere in the city before the game, on the trams and in the stadium.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Albion will visit Swiss third tier side Meyrin in the only friendly of their pre-season training trip to the Alps.

The game at the Stade des Arberes will be played on Saturday, July 12 (3pm local time, 2pm BST) at the end of a week-long pre-season camp and will be the Seagulls’ first fixture of pre-season.

Entry to the match will be free for Albion supporters.

Meyrin's home ground is on the western fringes of Geneva.

About 20 minutes walk from the airport hotels, although is it Saturday or Sunday

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here