General Photography thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Is that Goose being eaten by a Ninja Pike or something Uncle jack ?
No, he was just having a quick wash to make himself look lovely and beautiful. I liked the angle of his leg!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Clippedgull very kindly sent me some photo mags. One of the articles in one of them was about "Scanner Photography". Basically, you scan a flat object like a feather or anything else that allows you to close the lid, use a dark background, and Hey Presto, a bit of photographic scanner art.
Here's my first attempt.

Attachments

• Satsuma Peel.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 279

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Crow at Stanmer Park.

Attachments

• Crow.jpg
    Crow.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 224

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Early morning on Saturday just gone. Went fishing and half the lake was frozen over. Beautiful lake though

Attachments

• WP_20150222_001.jpg
    WP_20150222_001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 228

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Straightened on my phone.
ca8958274a41b2416bddadb2f9f03a83.jpg

I wouldn't have worried about the post being wonky, i would imagine the reason it was leaning in the photo is because it was leaning in real life.

Unfortunately are that has happened to the picture now is made it worse, the sea line on the horizon is leaning from right to left, this would never happen as the sea would drain away.

Just an observation that any good photographer should be aware off, keep the horizon level.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Crow at Stanmer Park.

Love this composition. Some interest artefacts like the dark 'halo' around the birds head and the light area under its body - did you Photoshop it a little?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Choosing a camera is like signing a footballer. Expensive and hard to say which is best? 50% more detail in your photos or 10% better sprint speed (footballer)

e.g. http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D5300-vs-Nikon_D7000

Younger cameras are better for general use but sometimes an older one produces the results that a new camera can't do.

I got a Nikon D3200 cause it was cheaper. Performance and I bet it would take an expert to see the difference of a D5300. Perhaps a murky day in Bolton as the low light performance on the cheaper cameras is often not as good. This seems to be most of the time at the moment.
http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D3200-vs-Nikon-D5300

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Choosing a camera is like signing a footballer. Expensive and hard to say which is best? 50% more detail in your photos or 10% better sprint speed (footballer)

e.g. http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D5300-vs-Nikon_D7000

Younger cameras are better for general use but sometimes an older one produces the results that a new camera can't do.

I got a Nikon D3200 cause it was cheaper. Performance and I bet it would take an expert to see the difference of a D5300. Perhaps a murky day in Bolton as the low light performance on the cheaper cameras is often not as good. This seems to be most of the time at the moment.
http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D3200-vs-Nikon-D5300

At least a camera does what the manager tells it!

To be honest, if you know what you are doing, and how to use the controls, there can be minimal benefit to to splashing too much cash. That said, I appreciate the flip-out screen and low-light performance on my Canon D70, but I got some great shots on my old D350.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Love this composition. Some interest artefacts like the dark 'halo' around the birds head and the light area under its body - did you Photoshop it a little?
Just a little, in Camera Raw. Here' the original and the worked on version again. The "moon" was made by adjusting the vignetting slider to the max.

Attachments

• Crow originl NSC.jpg
    Crow originl NSC.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 210
  • Crow.jpg
    Crow.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 331

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports