Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Armchair

Mar 3, 2009
Haven't done much action photography but I thought I would test the camera's focus tracking. My dog loves jumping to catch a ball so .......
Fuji XT5 Fuji XF 70-300mm lens at 70mm (105mm FFE) 1000th second at F4 on continuous shooting, The tracking seems to work quite well.
catch ball.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Haven't done much action photography but I thought I would test the camera's focus tracking. My dog loves jumping to catch a ball so .......
Fuji XT5 Fuji XF 70-300mm lens at 70mm (105mm FFE) 1000th second at F4 on continuous shooting, The tracking seems to work quite well.
View attachment 183080
Stunningly good!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had these coming up on my front lawn in Liverpool in the first house I owned. Lovely!
Were you 'looking after them' for a 'friend'? ???

"Ere, la', watch me plants for me for a couple of weeks while I deal with the bizzies, and there may be a drink in it" sort of thing?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A photo I took at Arundel Castle on Sunday using my new Sony a7Rv which I'm still getting used to and enjoying.
It has a cracking subject recognition feature where it locks onto the eyes of people, animals or birds and tracks the moving subject.

View attachment 183508
Tremendous thigh definition :ohmy:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry, not intended as a boast, other posters were asking for camera info so I put it in. 😃
Started with one older than this 60+ years agoView attachment 183536
Apologies….i didnt mean to come across as if u were boasting (hence my emoji)….its always useful to know the kit a persons using….f stop etc 👍

Ps I’m a Fuji fan

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Apologies….i didnt mean to come across as if u were boasting (hence my emoji)….its always useful to know the kit a persons using….f stop etc 👍

Ps I’m a Fuji fan
I took your post as I think you meant it.... it's expensive (it is to me anyway) and with cameras you get what you pay for. Not knocking skill of the individual but the latest kit and tracking at the high end is incredible, my 8 year old pentax can't track anything, image quality though is pretty good when I get it right.

Armchair

Mar 3, 2009

Ps I’m a Fuji fan
Please, no apology necessary, as a new poster on this thread I didn't want to come across as some flash Harry. (No offence to HWT of course! :p)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I took your post as I think you meant it.... it's expensive (it is to me anyway) and with cameras you get what you pay for. Not knocking skill of the individual but the latest kit and tracking at the high end is incredible, my 8 year old pentax can't track anything, image quality though is pretty good when I get it right.
That's the only thing, the tracking for action shots, well and ability to crop more aggressively without losing quality, that I miss using cheaper (still not cheap) cameras. I love the quality from my older Pentax which is now 14 years old and my Fuji x-t1 which is 10.

Armchair

Mar 3, 2009
I love Fuji cameras too. I changed from Canon about 8 years ago and never regretted it. The quality of the jpeg images is excellent and I much prefer the manual dials to electronic controls, they seem much more intuitive to me. I had an XE first and the ability of a mirrorless camera to show through the viewfinder exactly what the image you are going to capture looks like and make adjustments before pressing the shutter was a revelation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here