Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
0DB32A5A-C93C-46E4-A2BF-B365DCB83D76.jpeg

St Botolph’s church. Taken on a ride out.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Went on the hunt for Dark Green Fritillary butterflies at Castle Hill this morning. It truly is a beautiful place. You can park in Bexhill Road opposite the mast, just walk across the grass and you're there. If you park in the "official" car-park at the junction of Falmer and Bexhill Roads, you have to walk for ages to get there.
Literally hundreds of Marbled Whites and Dark Green Fritillaries, lesser numbers of other butterflies and a few Pyramidal Orchids still looking good. It's amazing how many people live very near here and don't know this managed nature reserve exists.
Anyway, mission accomplished.

Attachments

• Dark Green Fritillary_6.jpg
    Dark Green Fritillary_6.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 123
  • Dark Green Fritillaries.jpg
    Dark Green Fritillaries.jpg
    926.9 KB · Views: 118

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Went on the hunt for Dark Green Fritillary butterflies at Castle Hill this morning. It truly is a beautiful place. You can park in Bexhill Road opposite the mast, just walk across the grass and you're there. If you park in the "official" car-park at the junction of Falmer and Bexhill Roads, you have to walk for ages to get there.
Literally hundreds of Marbled Whites and Dark Green Fritillaries, lesser numbers of other butterflies and a few Pyramidal Orchids still looking good. It's amazing how many people live very near here and don't know this managed nature reserve exists.

Near Lewes?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Near Lewes?
It's virtually in Woodingdean! The beginning of the blue line is where I park, and I've circled the walk I do. The reserve is much, much bigger than the area I've indicated, but once I've found the butterflies, I don't go any further.

Attachments

• Castle Hill.JPG
    Castle Hill.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 155

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It's virtually in Woodingdean! The beginning of the blue line is where I park, and I've circled the walk I do. The reserve is much, much bigger than the area I've indicated, but once I've found the butterflies, I don't go any further.

thanks

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Yes, well, it's always the way. I spend months without seeing a kingfisher, then today follow two for about a mile in the boat. As soon as you get up to them, they fly fifty yards ahead...and again...and again...and again...
Could I get a decent picture? No. All came out a bit... er ... unrecognisable.

Never mind.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Yes, well, it's always the way. I spend months without seeing a kingfisher, then today follow two for about a mile in the boat. As soon as you get up to them, they fly fifty yards ahead...and again...and again...and again...
Could I get a decent picture? No. All came out a bit... er ... unrecognisable.

Never mind.

That's why I got in to photographing wild Orchids. They don't fly away!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321708@N03/albums/72157709481814942

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• NSC Storks.JPG
    NSC Storks.JPG
    311.7 KB · Views: 103

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

talking of Bexhill Road....lizard -1.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Really pleased with this photo of a Meadow Brown butterfly.

Attachments

• Meadow Brown.jpg
    Meadow Brown.jpg
    758.3 KB · Views: 83

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The patch of long grass/flowers which runs parallel to the main path that then runs down past the back of the houses on Bexhill road usually has shed loads of butterflies as well...
All around there is great for butterflies. The back of Woodingdean is a butterfly gold-mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here