Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election Poll

Who would you vote for if the Elections were tomorrow?

• Total voters

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Granted. There is more national debit now than there was when the Cons/lib dems came to power. But the foundations are there to reduce the debit. Less people employed by the state. More people in work. Our economy is the fasting growing in Europe. Lets hope the debit starts to reduce soon.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
How? The Tories have us in more national debt than ever before.

Granted. There is more national debit now than there was when the Cons/lib dems came to power. But the foundations are there to reduce the debit. Less people employed by the state. More people in work. Our economy is the fasting growing in Europe. Lets hope the debit starts to reduce soon.

Just because people aren't directly employed by the state doesn't mean that the state is saving money. Look at rail subsidies, for example.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Normally labour though and though but seriously considering voting UKIP

I would very much like to hear how you or any other self-confessed lefty could consider voting for a far-right party which goes completely against the views of both old- and new-labour.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My "blood would be boiling" if there was any suggestion that bureaucrats in Brussels were doing anything other than implementing the terms of the treaties that the EU member states had signed up to.

Ok, let me put it another way then. How many of these policies would *any* future UK government change if there were able to ?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I would very much like to hear how you or any other self-confessed lefty could consider voting for a far-right party which goes completely against the views of both old- and new-labour.

Simple I want out of the EU
We will never get that option with labour party.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

The monies asked for by the EU are based on the UK economy since 1995. Which explains why despite the state of the Greek economy being a little poor in recent years also asked to pay extra and Germany with their stellar economy due to get a rebate!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All this stuff about UKIP's other policies is largely irrelevant, used by opponents of UKIP as a stick to beat them with. Sort of desperation, really.

UKIP is essentially a single issue party, not intent on running the country for any significant period of time. If they can just get us out of the EU, permanently, then hand back control to the established 'professional' parties (not that they're much better than a crock of sh1t) that'll be fine by me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think it's actually 20 years.

They used financial figures going back 20 years ( to 1995 ) to calculate our rate of growth over the last 4 years.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
The economy' It is only just recovering from the last mess Labour left it in. Personally I would not trust Ed Balls to run a tuck shop.

Pure Conservative propaganda , repeated over and over until we forget a) The Banks roll in this and b) How big bang in 1987 (Conservative policy) started the deregulation that led to a)

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I would vote Green because they most closely fit my views including their ideas on refoming Europe although they are basically never going to happen even if they did get in. None of this lot are going to change anything for working class people (the real hard working people Cameron likes to pretend he's talking about). We need a new party that can fight properly for the majority of people in this country on low pay to replace the Labour Party. It will happen at some point.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
The only way I could be tempted to vote tactically would be to guarantee the destruction of the Greens (who rather foolishly I voted for last time). In any case, their only saviour from total destruction is the fact that the election is in May and there will still be some students hanging around town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here