Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election Poll

Who would you vote for if the Elections were tomorrow?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Here's a few to be getting on with.
What a UKIP Government will do

<snip>

Policies in full are available at http://www.ukip-brightonandhove.org

Cut and pasting is all well and good but it might be advisable to await the 2015 manifesto before judging. Not a single party has released their election manifesto yet.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Tend to agree but if i told you a year ago that UKIP would be leading a NSC GE poll nearly 2 weeks after it started you would have me sectioned...:mad:

Yeah, totally agree with that

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree. One of the few things that I agree with UKIP about is in their condemnation of the ruling elite and their centrally-imposed candidates. Any attempt to introduce PR would lead to this situation getting worse

I have some sympathy with this view but, that said, those countries that have PR have a higher electoral turnout and political engagement than those with first-past-the-post.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
The far-right is going to do quite well in the general election isn't it.

Quite exciting in many respects. Having such a destructive, authoritarian and intolerant force enter UK politics is one way to accelerate the inevitable civil unrest which will lead to the long awaited revolution of democracy. It would be one vile step backwards, but it could be exactly what we need to take two steps forward. Let's just pray they never have the kind of power to bring about actual change, on their terms.

With the distrust of the main parties, the absence of genuine democratic options and people being driven to the far-right through single issues, I can see it being the most fascinating general election, and aftermath, for decades.

I'll probably vote Greens, just to make up the numbers.

Nonsense. While I'm not saying that UKIP are on the right of politics their emergence has reduced the influence of the far right in British Politics by completely decimating the BNP vote. Probably the only good thing they have done.

You do bleat on about your revolution of democracy. What exactly are you imagining will happen and what sort of governance do you want instead. Russia?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So at present NSC has a hung parliament. But will the Conservatives and UKIP form a coalition ? Will Labour and the Greens form a powerful left-wing alliance against a minority UKIP government ? The Conservatives hold the balance here. Perhaps we should now decide who the leaders are (preferably ones who appear to support a party without being too extreme).

I go:

Westdene Seagull: UKIP
The Large One: Green
Guinness Boy: Labour

Any others ?

Call Jon Snow.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Interesting how the political landscape that is emerging is polarising things.

I'll vote Labour, but I'm not happy with them at all. I'll do this because what UKIP and the Tories are lurching towards genuinely frightens me. This rush to get out of Europe will screw our kids lives up in the future. We're seeking to turn our back on being a major player in one of the most important economic clubs in the world. Madness. And all because we're fanning the flames of fear.

People, the Tories and UKIP blame Europe. Yes, Europe is broken and needs fixing, but do you think that once out of Europe we're all going to be paid a minimum wage; corporations will pay their taxes; the NHS will be safe etc etc? The things we should be really angry about have got nothing to do with Europe and immigration! It's all a bloody smokescreen. Wake up!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Cut and pasting is all well and good but it might be advisable to await the 2015 manifesto before judging. Not a single party has released their election manifesto yet.

And they completely dis-owned their last manifesto

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I'll vote Labour, but I'm not happy with them at all. I'll do this because what UKIP and the Tories are lurching towards genuinely frightens me. This rush to get out of Europe will screw our kids lives up in the future. We're seeking to turn our back on being a major player in one of the most important economic clubs in the world. Madness. And all because we're fanning the flames of fear.

People, the Tories and UKIP blame Europe. Yes, Europe is broken and needs fixing, but do you think that once out of Europe we're all going to be paid a minimum wage; corporations will pay their taxes; the NHS will be safe etc etc? The things we should be really angry about have got nothing to do with Europe and immigration! It's all a bloody smokescreen. Wake up!

Disagree. I think everyone knows that withdrawal won't suddenly make us all millionaires but I want out of Europe because I want self-determination. I am bloody angry about the way the EU Commission conducts itself, the lack of accountability, the endemic corruption, the one-size-fits-all approach that works for no-one. If Britain leaves the EU then we will still do trade with it, same as we always have done. Christ, the EU needs the UK more than ever to continue trading with it. To claim otherwise - that's the real scare-mongering.

I love this quote from Iceland's Finance Minister a few days ago:

"We have reached the clear conclusion over and over again that Iceland's interests are better secured outside the EU. That is our conclusion and to my opinion that conclusion is becoming stronger. That is my honest belief. Not the least in the light of what we have seen happening within the EU in recent years."

http://www.mbl.is/english/politics_and_society/2014/11/02/will_not_repeat_the_eu_accession_circus/

Substitute Iceland for the UK and you have my views completely and I'm not, nor ever will be a UKIP supporter. Nothing at all about fears or scare-mongering as you and others claim. It's about what many think is right for the UK.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Totally agree

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

A con / UKIP coalition I'm off would be a bit like the sort of nightmare the Ozzies are having with Tony Abbott. Farage gives the impression he is different from the establishment, really he's just a right wing of the nasty party.

If you are thinking about voting UKIP DON'T!!!!!

As for Labour we all know they selected the wrong brother, if they had got the right one it would be no contest

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So at present NSC has a hung parliament. But will the Conservatives and UKIP form a coalition ? Will Labour and the Greens form a powerful left-wing alliance against a minority UKIP government ? The Conservatives hold the balance here. Perhaps we should now decide who the leaders are (preferably ones who appear to support a party without being too extreme).

I go:

Westdene Seagull: UKIP
The Large One: Green
Guinness Boy: Labour

Any others ?

Call Jon Snow.

Well I think that's a compliment so thank you :thumbsup: We really need to come up with some for the Lib Dems. For Tory it really has to be HB&B and to head up the Monster Ravers maybe Ernest.

If you are thinking about voting UKIP DON'T!!!!!

Wow - yes, people are really going to appreciate being told by you not to vote for a party - the sheer arrogance :facepalm:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well I think that's a compliment so thank you :thumbsup: We really need to come up with some for the Lib Dems. For Tory it really has to be HB&B and to head up the Monster Ravers maybe Ernest.

Wow - yes, people are really going to appreciate being told by you not to vote for a party - the sheer arrogance :facepalm:

It was a compliment, and at a deeper level, respect for democratic choices. I'm a member of the Green Party, but rally against people who make slurs and malign others who have opposing views. I don't agree with much of UKIP ideology, but equally I think that most of their supporters are just ordinary folk who are worried about the future-not idiots or fruit cakes (the terminology of those who are politically scared of them). UKIP has it's fair share of extremists, but that is because it is a young party and is still learning to vet and to manage its candidates. The Green Party is no different.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Even with the electorate on the right of center being split across two parties, Labour could still only manage 3rd place.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I surprised the Libs have got as much as 12 votes after they tried to stop Falmer and cost the club millions :blush:

Indeed and a certain CEO! All reasons I will never vtoe Lib Democrats again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here