Votes: 16 3.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 46 8.7%

• Total voters

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think it's wise (or fair) to use words like fascism over such trivialities. It trivialises actual fascism, and makes the dogma of fascism seem more acceptable to those inclined to try it.

If you tell the world "don't vote for conscription and/or public service, because then you will be fascist like (for example) Scandinavia and the Netherlands", then you risk telling people that perhaps fascism isn't so bad.

Compulsory national service isn't fascistic IMO. A bad idea, but not fascist.
Nice to see you around again…..nearly always seem to talk common sense

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
One reason why people might vote Reform is because all three main parties, or all five if Green and SNP are included, are in favour, in practice, of increasing taxes, very high rates of immigration, low levels of house building that won't house the increasing population, low spending on defence, and employing far too many bureaucrats. Reform, essentially, is a protest vote.
Trying to get my head round this. They want high defence spending but low taxation. They want low rates of immigration but also to bin off most of the civil service staff that deal with things like immigration. Do they want bubblegum and fairies too?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trying to get my head round this. They want high defence spending but low taxation. They want low rates of immigration but also to bin off most of the civil service staff that deal with things like immigration. Do they want bubblegum and fairies too?
More freedom and more controls.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I don't think it's wise (or fair) to use words like fascism over such trivialities. It trivialises actual fascism, and makes the dogma of fascism seem more acceptable to those inclined to try it.

If you tell the world "don't vote for conscription and/or public service, because then you will be fascist like (for example) Scandinavia and the Netherlands", then you risk telling people that perhaps fascism isn't so bad.

Compulsory national service isn't fascistic IMO. A bad idea, but not fascist.
I agree with your general point, but just in the interests of accuracy, national service here in the Netherlands ended in 1997

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
lol……bit predictable there Harry …along with those likes .. 😉
There is nothing wrong with predictability.

Being a twit, however. That would be wrong :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Undecided currently as since voting age over the last c20 years I can’t think of one instance where my quality of life has been improved by a political policy or decision.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Undecided currently as since voting age over the last c20 years I can’t think of one instance where my quality of life has been improved by a political policy or decision.

Having seen how well the first four days of his campaign has gone, I have every confidence that Sunak's next few weeks of campaigning will help you come to a decision. Just probably not the way he is intending :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Easy to come up with such unicorn policies knowing that you’re not likely to win a seat. It’s why PR is a good thing. These right-wing parties with populist policies would have to face reality if they had a degree of representation in government.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A definite vote winner would be a pledge to get rid of one of the bank holidays in May and replace it with one in June/July. The present set up with four bank holidays in quick succession in March/April (Easter) and then May is plain stupid.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A definite vote winner would be a pledge to get rid of one of the bank holidays in May and replace it with one in June/July. The present set up with four bank holidays in quick succession in March/April (Easter) and then May is plain stupid.
I have to say I'd never considered that an election issue. Hand on heart, I'm guessing not many have! If anything, there should be more bank holidays as we have fewer bank holiday that most in Europe!!! (And I think we are pretty low down on the paid holidays for employees as well, double whammy).

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
When will people realise that nothing ever really changes. They tinker around the edges unable and unwilling to help where it is most needed.The crippling levels of taxation that inhibit business from growing and re-investing..restricting recruiting..training and developing.
The disgraceful two tier taxation on fuel. The crippling level of VAT, killing large parts of the food and hospitality industry. The obscenity of Corporation tax levels and the two tier NI system.
When you have a cash cow keep milking it...pay it occasional lip service but concentrate your soundbites on the emotional issues. The big headliners.
Sadly, people believe this BS and they get away with it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I have to say I'd never considered that an election issue. Hand on heart, I'm guessing not many have! If anything, there should be more bank holidays as we have fewer bank holiday that most in Europe!!! (And I think we are pretty low down on the paid holidays for employees as well, double whammy).
If you want an extra day off work, why not just take an extra day of unpaid leave?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When will people realise that nothing ever really changes. They tinker around the edges unable and unwilling to help where it is most needed.The crippling levels of taxation that inhibit business from growing and re-investing..restricting recruiting..training and developing.
The disgraceful two tier taxation on fuel. The crippling level of VAT, killing large parts of the food and hospitality industry. The obscenity of Corporation tax levels and the two tier NI system.
When you have a cash cow keep milking it...pay it occasional lip service but concentrate your soundbites on the emotional issues. The big headliners.
Sadly, people believe this BS and they get away with it.

#theyreallthesame

The plaintive cry of someone who has voted for a complete clusterf*** (often more than once :wink:), now realises they have voted for a complete clusterf***, but in order to try not to appear stupid or take any responsibility for the clusterf*** , claims that they're all the same so their vote didn't contribute to this current clusterf*** in any way :lolol:

I just keep it on notepad to save me re-typing :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here