• Other

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 46 8.7%

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Why in that case should it just be teenagers? There are plenty of adults that have no sense of civic responsibility so why not have compulsory community service for all adults right through to retirement! I suspect most of the loons calling for national service would soon baulk at it if it applied to them.
I baulk at any policy which leans towards facism

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I’m going to vote for X because they once said something nice about cats, and one time helped an elderly person cross the road, and also opened the local summer school fare, so they’re just the person I want to vote for.
:sick: 🤢 :sick:
These are as good a reason as any. I once lived somewhere that had a long narrow path to the front door, more than 100 feet. In local elections the only candidate who could ever be bothered to walk up the path to my front door to talk to me was the Lib Dem, and he got my vote for that reason. It said something about his attitude to the job.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
If you're happy to let someone else choose who Governs, taxes, manages access to health, social, welfare, emergency services, etc for you, then that's exactly what to do :thumbsup:
Which is precisely what they want, the floaters to stay at home, the Tories then hope the "always vote Tory" brigade will be enough to cling on. To those that can't be bothered to vote, Just remember that when your mortgage payments go up, bills go up, waiting forever for NHS treatment etc...

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
I’m voting for Sir Peter Bottomley, not because he’s a Tory but because in my experience he’s a compassionate, human being, who cares about all of his constituents whether they voted for him or not.
I would always support a fantastic local candidate over national politics (especially local elections), however my experience of Bottomley has been incredibly different to yours.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
The choice at the ballot box is easy, anyone but the Tories. Just remember Parties at Downing street and using a pandemic to enrich them and their friends. If the electorate do not punish them and send a clear message, it will happen again

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
I have just received a letter from the local Council Election Office stating I made multiple votes at the recent local elections. Utter nonsense. I drew a box on the ballot paper and wrote “none of the above” next to the box. I then ticked the box.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Trouble is, I can find good reasons not to vote for any of them … so I won’t.
One of them is going to get in whatever you do, so you may as well vote for the one you dislike the least.

It’s like trying to decide who to support between Leeds and Southampton.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Does anyone think Rachel Reeves will play fast and loose with the public finances??

Unforgivable for anyone to do so, playing fast is one thing and playing loose another, but to do both at the same time would be a big vote loser.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I've voted "other" as pretty much all politicians, irrespective of their political colour, are, imho, greedy self-serving egoists who've learnt or already possessed the art of bullshitting without giving a flying f*** for the consequences of their words unless they're self-serving. I shall write a summary of my views on the ballot paper!!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I've voted "other" as pretty much all politicians, irrespective of their political colour, are, imho, greedy self-serving egoists who've learnt or already possessed the art of bullshitting without giving a flying f*** for the consequences of their words unless they're self-serving. I shall write a summary of my views on the ballot paper!!
Sounds to me like you’ve had your fingers well and truly burnt by voting Tory in the recent past !! Please do not tar all other politicians of other persuasions with the same brush. They are not ‘all the same’ that’s just an easy out for those amongst us who are too embarrassed to admit they were taken in and blown out in bubbles by this current political cabal which sadly goes right back to when they were fooled by the lies perpetrated following the global banking crises and eventual defeat of New labour by Cameron propped up by the LibDems who were slowly ground down and spat out by this awful Tory cabal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you're happy to let someone else choose who Governs, taxes, manages access to health, social, welfare, emergency services, etc for you, then that's exactly what to do :thumbsup:
Someone else will anyway. Most of the time most of us don't vote for the winning side in a general election.

N.B. That's not put forward as a reason for not voting; we should all vote at every election, regardless of whether our candidate - or the party they represent - hasn't got a cat in hell's chance of getting in. Same for referendums.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I baulk at any policy which leans towards facism
I don't think it's wise (or fair) to use words like fascism over such trivialities. It trivialises actual fascism, and makes the dogma of fascism seem more acceptable to those inclined to try it.

If you tell the world "don't vote for conscription and/or public service, because then you will be fascist like (for example) Scandinavia and the Netherlands", then you risk telling people that perhaps fascism isn't so bad.

Compulsory national service isn't fascistic IMO. A bad idea, but not fascist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here