• Other

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 46 8.7%

• Total voters

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
It’s a sad state of affairs that the majority of the comments on here are talking of getting the Tories out. I wish if we are going to have a Labour government it was because we are excited about their policies and not just because they’re the only other party capable of defeating the Tories. Very sad indeed.
When a bunch of self-serving, corrupt sleezebags have run the country for 14 years it's no surprise at all that people want them out, full stop. Dressing up the need for Labour to "appeal" is rather fanciful

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s a sad state of affairs that the majority of the comments on here are talking of getting the Tories out. I wish if we are going to have a Labour government it was because we are excited about their policies and not just because they’re the only other party capable of defeating the Tories. Very sad indeed.
so was you excited 5 years ago with Boris Johnson and getting Brexit done?

Unfortunately politics has hit rock bottom. Only changing the electoral system will change anything

Funny you should ask that. A couple of contributions to that particular election thread four and a half years ago.
https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/the-general-election-thread.376151/

Another vote for Boris here. The only person capable of moving us forwards. If he gets a clear majority then we can leave as the people voted for and get on with other stuff whilst continuing to drive this country forward. If Corbyn wins we are all screwed as he will cave in to Brussels and then destroy the economy. If That awful Liberal (not) Democratic Swinson won and cancelled Brexit we will have carnage not seen yet.

Only way to kill Brexit is to do it and then see what happens. Another vote to decide whether we go back in to the EU in 40 years.

#BackBoris
Lovely stuff. I told you all this would happen. Boris is king. Brilliant.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If it's Pavilion, then it'll be one or the other.
Pavilion is an interesting one , wouldn't be surprised if the Tories got in with all the other non Tory candidates out there.

I thought Libs & Labour need to agree tactical voting but maybe that would give the Libs too much power.... Anyone read any analysis of the potential numbers and how that could turn into seats?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Pavilion is an interesting one , wouldn't be surprised if the Tories got in with all the other non Tory candidates out there.

I thought Libs & Labour need to agree tactical voting but maybe that would give the Libs too much power.... Anyone read any analysis of the potential numbers and how that could turn into seats?
Now that is bat-sh!t mental. I'll have an enormous bet with you that they don't.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with you sentiment but such is the paltry state of the government coffers and the cynicism and low level of trust within the electorate that even semi-ambitious policies are likely to be shot down in flames by the right wing.

It is crucial that Starmer wins trust and demonstrates that his moral compass is set on the right course. Policy change guided by morality are easy wins, i.e. scrap Rwanda, attack the boat gangs, help the NHS, GB Energy and environmental clean-up stuff.

Get the 'Change' message across, then gradually build over the 6 week campaign, the sexier and more ambitious policies can be wheeled out once the electorate are more receptive to him., and trust him more.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I agree
Tactical voting, get the current cabal out, ' I'm a Corbyn fan and Labour are a cheek of the same arse'....... inspiring stuff for the next 10 years.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I agree
Tactical voting, get the current cabal out, ' I'm a Corbyn fan and Labour are a cheek of the same arse'....... inspiring stuff for the next 10 years.

So you and @Giraffe are still in complete agreement, much as you were the last couple of times the pair of you voted.

I'm stunned :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Aaah, the brains trust is here.

Welcome mate.

Well thank you.

You (and @Giraffe) do realise that just because the leaders of your particular colour of rosette constantly lie, obfuscate and try to muddy the waters that, as a supporter you don't have to follow that lead and rather amateurly try to do the same with your posts on NSC and lie about what you actually think ?

Rather than sit around sniping, you could actually put forward a case of why you think your rosette would be better and what they would do to improve things. The pair of you could be the start of 'a new beginning' sometime after the 4th July :wink:

Just trying to help :thumbsup:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It would be interesting. Right now, the Conservative Party is the party of conspiracy theorists, culture war warriors, crony capitalism and ineptitude on a never seen before scale.

The Lib Dem’s are the home of reasonable centre-right people. I know there are those out there who feel differently, but the Lib Dems have always been the party of policies that sound revolutionary, while in practice when they control local authorities, they’re very much a party of “steady as she goes.”
To be fair to habitual tory voters, this is the activists and MPs you're talking about here.

If I were a tory I would hold my nose and take the defeat stoically, in the hope that some adults will rock up after the election to sort it all out in opposition.

Like Starmer has done with labour. With an occasional raised eyebrow, and every opportunity to sadly 'no platform' those blurting out their nonsense, the tit-witches and class war warriors have been sidelined. With very little effort needed, no need for a Kinnock moment with the likes of Degsy Hatsy at Conference. Nobody even noticed. Wrong Baily gone. Jezza gone. That other bloke whose name nobody can remember, gone. Whoosh. Bosh, Ta ra.

The headbangers always do it to themselves as long as a notice is put on the gate of the playground: "No wheezes, no wheezing, no heavy petting and definitely no speedos. Now f*** off".

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well thank you.

You (and @Giraffe) do realise that just because the leaders of your particular colour of rosette constantly lie, obfuscate and try to muddy the waters that, as a supporter you don't have to follow that lead and rather amateurly try to do the same with your posts on NSC and lie about what you actually think ?

Rather than sit around sniping, you could actually put forward a case of why you think your rosette would be better and what they would do to improve things. The pair of you could be the start of 'a new beginning' sometime after the 4th July :wink:

Just trying to help :thumbsup:
I salute your indefatigability (again). <sigh>

1716581471390.png

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
To be fair to habitual tory voters, this is the activists and MPs you're talking about here.

If I were a tory I would hold my nose and take the defeat stoically, in the hope that some adults will rock up after the election to sort it all out in opposition.

Like Starmer has done with labour. With an occasional raised eyebrow, and every opportunity to sadly 'no platform' those blurting out their nonsense, the tit-witches and class war warriors have been sidelined. with very little effort needed, no need for a Kinnock moment with the likes of Degsy Hatsy at Conference. Nobody even noticed. Wrong Baily gone. Jezza gone. That other bloke whose name nobody can remember, gone. Whoosh. Bosh, Ta ra.

The headbangers always do it to themselves as long as a notice is put on the gate of the playground: "No wheezes, no wheezing, no heavy petting and definitely no speedos. Now f*** off".

That has to be the hope. My fear is that there’s funding from individuals and/or organisations pushing current US Republican style politics over here, and that this is (going forward) where the Conservative Party draws its funding and support from. In such a case, unless someone turns off the money tap, I fear the Conservative Party may stay its course.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Crikey, the rhetoric and emotion is really amping up already, there’s a while yet - don’t bolt your load too soon people…

The manifestos aren’t even out :lol:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
it certainly is very sad indeed, the state of our nation

all radicle policies will be eviscerated by the tory press

what did you expect?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That has to be the hope. My fear is that there’s funding from individuals and/or organisations pushing current US Republican style politics over here, and that this is (going forward) where the Conservative Party draws its funding and support from. In such a case, unless someone turns off the money tap, I fear the Conservative Party may stay its course.
To be frank....I'm torn over this. Part of me wants to see the tories in opposition for another 20 years (which, at my age, would likely be more than enough for me to never have to endure another tory government again). Having some very loud anti-abortionists, homosexuality-deniers and pro-fracking oil-monkeys, all funded by American self-interest 'charities', might help focus minds against the them, but I'd rather see a clean coherent and inclusive tory opposition to keep Labour on its toes.

In some respects it is a testament to Starmer that he has turned labour into a a safe dull and moderate outfit all the while the tories have been bouncing off the walls with one madcap scheme after another.

And the tories' chief election weapon appears to be to declare that Starmer has changed his mind about some things......and therefore has absolutely no policies, no plan and no idea.

*We were going to the beach one day last summer, then it threatened to rain so I suggested we do something else. Mrs T declared that I had no idea how to contribute to family life, no plan, no principles and no idea. So she moved in with another family who promised to send anyone who was being naughty to Rwanda.

*I made that last bit up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be frank....I'm torn over this. Part of me wants to see the tories in opposition for another 20 years (which, at my age, would likely be more than enough for me to never have to endure another tory government again). Having some very loud anti-abortionists, homosexuality-deniers and pro-fracking oil-monkeys, all funded by American self-interest 'charities', might help focus minds against the them, but I'd rather see a clean coherent and inclusive tory opposition to keep Labour on its toes.

In some respects it is a testament to Starmer that he has turned labour into a a safe dull and moderate outfit all the while the tories have been bouncing off the walls with one madcap scheme after another.

And the tories' chief election weapon appears to be to declare that Starmer has changed his mind about some things......and therefore has absolutely no policies, no plan and no idea.

*We were going to the beach one day last summer, then it threatened to rain so I suggested we do something else. Mrs T declared that I had no idea how to contribute to family life, no plan, no principles and no idea. So she moved in with another family who promised to send anyone who was being naughty to Rwanda.

*I made that last bit up.
I should add that Mrs T just commented that my last sentence is quite appealing, albeit not for the reason given. :ohmy:

albionalba

Durchlaufen!
NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
Maybe I've got this wrong / perhaps written about elsewhere but according to Sky's Euro 2024 scenarios there is a theoretical possibility of there being an England v Scotland QF on 6th July. Just imagine that run-up week through the election and what effect it could have on Scottish voting. As I said in my other post, don't ignore the impact the Scotland votes could have on the outcome, particularly in terms of (the size of) any Labour majority (regardless of what's happening at the Euros).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here