Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Believe it when I see it, they are all mouth and no trousers.

I don't know why political journalists get tricked by this bullshit everytime.
Oh, even if their plan succeeds there isn’t a way constitutionally this could happen. But it’s hilarious watching them try.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Oh, even if their plan succeeds there isn’t a way constitutionally this could happen. But it’s hilarious watching them try.
isn't a way or just never happened before? seems feasible if parliament hasn't dissolved the request to do so can be withdrawn.
fascinating reaction though, even just suggesting it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
For me, the last election was like Palace v Portsmouth. I couldn't find a decent word to say about either of them and whilst we would never know, I'd wager a Corbyn government would have been a complete shitshow during COVID and the ensuing war in Israel every bit as bad as Boris's was.

This one is more like Hartlepool v Rochdale. I know both teams are totally shit and I don't really care about either. I'll vote for the least worst but it's National League either way. I can see a record number of CBA this election.

Reactions: cjd

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Suicide note from Sunak. Pretty much a recognition that nothing is going improve between now and the end of the year so may as well bite the bullet now. Expect a Labour landslide.

Sadly, I can't remember a time when I felt more disengaged from our 'elected representatives'.

Guess I'm just getting old. Most of them appear to have the directional integrity of a windsock; their opinion on policy appears driven by whatever hysteria is trending on social media.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
isn't a way or just never happened before? seems feasible if parliament hasn't dissolved the request to do so can be withdrawn.
fascinating reaction though, even just suggesting it.
I suppose it is technically possible if they can expedite things significantly, but that would mean someone like Graham Brady having to essentially be fully on board and waive the rules, then assumes they have the numbers both for letters (53) and votes to kick him out (170+) and have a unifying figure they can bring in who has the widespread support in the party (unlikely).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
IMG_8704.jpeg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Huge national insurance cut/election bribe incoming!

They may as well wreck Labour’s spending plans and force them to increase taxes back to current levels for political reasons rather than any care or concern for the economy or country.
Yes. The Tories are already saying this is a 'good election to lose' as they know the country is so f***ed that it'll be too much for anyone to fix. Might as well sabotage the incoming government just to be really sure.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
5Live just re broadcast an excerpt from Sunak's announcement yesterday.... no hint of irony when he said " Vote for me as Prime Minister of a Conservative government and let me get on with rebuilding our country "....so just don't look back at the last 14 years !

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If anybody caught bbc breakfast or radio 4 this morning then you will have seen our glorious leader making a complete pigs ear of day 1 of the campaign.

He has chosen a long election run (6 weeks) rather than the minimum (4) so as to try and catch labour out hoping they will crumble under scrutiny. Yet in less than 24 hrs he had the poorly planned/poorly executed announcement yesterday. Throwing sky news out of his 1st stump meeting last night and then getting skewered by nick robinson and then getting tetchy on radio just after admitting on tv that there will be no Rwanda flights pre the election and therefore may never happen (all after spending half a billion)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If anybody caught bbc breakfast or radio 4 this morning then you will have seen our glorious leader making a complete pigs ear of day 1 of the campaign.

He has chosen a long election run (6 weeks) rather than the minimum (4) so as to try and catch labour out hoping they will crumble under scrutiny. Yet in less than 24 hrs he had the poorly planned/poorly executed announcement yesterday. Throwing sky news out of his 1st stump meeting last night and then getting skewered by nick robinson and then getting tetchy on radio just after admitting on tv that there will be no Rwanda flights pre the election and therefore may never happen (all after spending half a billion)
Rishi certainly lost his rag on Radio 4 this morning.

Not quite a total car crash interview - but definitely a prang.

Petulant rather than Prime Ministerial.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rishi certainly lost his rag on Radio 4 this morning.

Not quite a total car crash interview - but definitely a prang.

Petulant rather than Prime Ministerial.
He’s not a good campaigner. The old public school “how dare you question me” attitude flares up and he simply cannot hide his disdain for anyone who dares push him on answers.

He gets annoyed when people ignore his three word slogans and press him for real content.

He’s a bit of a knob.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There you go. Sunk is telling us all about it now on radio 5.

The tories have been through Labour's promises and it will require an increase in tax that will cost every man and woman an extra £2,000

And Starmer wants to offer an amnesty to illegal immigrants.

Crikey.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
5Live just re broadcast an excerpt from Sunak's announcement yesterday.... no hint of irony when he said " Vote for me as Prime Minister of a Conservative government and let me get on with rebuilding our country "....so just don't look back at the last 14 years !

My favourite line that he has been repeating over the last few hours 'I have got inflation down from the 11% it was when I took this job'. If I was him, I would have given a f***ing good kicking to whatever Chancellor oversaw inflation getting up to 11% in the first place ....... Oh :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here