General Election 2017

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Election should be postponed. State of emergency should be declared. We say carry on as normal but this is happening all the bloody time. Manchester should have made us say enough - it didn't.

Appeasement to terror and it's causes should no loner be an option.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bloody hell! Much drink has been taken on board tonight, methinks! Blame and invective spiralling to a crescendo from both sides, increasingly vitriolic - and pointless. I suppose it's a good job this is a message board, not a pub, otherwise I'm sure that come closing time (which must be soon, surely!) the enraged cries of "OUTSIDE, NOW!" would be echoing round the place!

I'm shifting to the TV now - more dreadful news coming through, by the look of it. Politics taking a back seat now.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Not really, I care about myself first and foremost and want whats best for me too.

The problem with the modern world and the root of a lot of problems. Empathy can be a powerfully enlightening experience. You should try it. The above statement doesn't sound like a labour supporter more like a 'nasty tory'!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Brilliant .. yet the Tories have promised to spend more on the NHS than Labour.

On the radio the other day was the finance Director for a mental health trust who was saying that the Government had provided his Trust with extra budget to fund a New service the next day the same finance Director received a revised cost saving target for the same amount!

Having worked in the NHS for 35 years I have seen the budget cut year on year dispite what this Government might tell us

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Didn't Major open dialogue with the Provos during the 90s?
You have to talk to your enemies, it saves lives in the end. I, personally believe the IRA had a good case in the beginning of the latest round of troubles 1969-1997. They were treated as second class citizens, and, although, like Corbyn I utterly condemn the use of violence to advance a political idea, I can understand it. I suppose I will now be called a terrorist loving traitor but,hey ho

Good luck chatting to ISIS.

The UK government talking to the Provos behind closed doors is a bit different to a back bencher who believed in a united Ireland with zero influence in bringing about peace imo.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There we go.
Knew the sneering Liberal in you was dying to jump out

But I've never voted Liberal Democrat and I voted Conservative up until the last election, until Brexit and them going full on Daily Mail, hence I have to vote for the party who are lesser c***s . Better than being right-wing, Empire, patriotic immigrant controller jumping out Tory now though. Tally Ho! :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Election should be postponed. State of emergency should be declared. We say carry on as normal but this is happening all the bloody time. Manchester should have made us say enough - it didn't.

Appeasement to terror and it's causes should no loner be an option.

Get a grip, mate. Wouldn't the *******s just love that.

larus

The faulty premise being that austerity is meant to reduce the indebtedness of the UK by 'cutting our way to growth'. It hasn't worked. Simultaneously George Osborne and co borrowed more in 3 years than Labour did in 13. Given that George Osborne missed all of his 2010 economic predictions and oversaw the slowest economic recovery on record, it's absolutely clear that any signs of economic recovery that have happened since 2010 have happened despite ideological austerity, not because of it.

So what are you saying. You're slagging them off, but not making sense. IMO, there hasn't really been any austerity. If you want to see austerity, look at Greece & Portugal.

image.png

I genuinely don't see much in the way of austerity.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But I've never voted Liberal Democrat and I voted Conservative up until the last election, until Brexit and them going full on Daily Mail, hence I have to vote for the party who are lesser c***s . Better than being right-wing, Empire, patriotic immigrant controller jumping out Tory now though. Tally Ho! :thumbsup:

pick this up another time chap
the breaking news has dampened my will to argue on here tonight
all the best

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'll vote Labour thanks, I care about other people. Plus a hard Brexit doesn't define my life as a success or not, as it seems to you.

I read in the paper today The Tories have been meeting with some Swiss EU negotiator at length and speculated we might go going for the 'Swiss' option, which would seem sensible to me. Hope so - it'll ruin your Little England dreams.

At some point they are getting to get a reality check even if they're not showing it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The problem with the modern world and the root of a lot of problems. Empathy can be a powerfully enlightening experience. You should try it. The above statement doesn't sound like a labour supporter more like a 'nasty tory'!

I'm not a natural Labour supporter. This is the first time I will have voted Labour in 20 years. I've been forced into being one by The Conservative & Unionist Party turning into Paul Dacre's Little England Daily Mail and blame immigrants Party. The only strong and stable leader I see is the principled one - Jeremy Corbyn. I don't agree with him on everything, but I'd have a pint with the bloke. I wouldn't let May through my front-door.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Good luck chatting to ISIS.

The UK government talking to the Provos behind closed doors is a bit different to a back bencher who believed in a united Ireland with zero influence in bringing about peace imo.

I can remember Ken Livingston when he was GLC leader ,inviting Sien fien to talks in City Hall, and getting absolutely slaughtered by the usual suspects. I read somewhere this was the basis of the ongoing secret talks

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So I guess you'll be condemning the last Labour government for only getting it to 6,475. I understand now, but you really can't blame the Tories for Labours previous f*ckups surely. Oh, you can. Gotcha

Mind you, I'd rather earn more money and be happy paying tax to fund education,the NHS and social care but hey ho.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Re your edit. I am not Labour. I have never voted Labour before. This will be the first time. And burying your head in the sand is exactly what you are doing if you ignore the issues I have raised.

But you haven't raised any issues. You have just listed a long line of cliches. You even admitted yourself Labour introduced or expanded some of them. The one I bring up, the housing crisis and lack of affordability, WAS created by Labour, and you ignore it, then accuse me of deflection!!! You are the Labour party are a match made in heaven!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If you start on housing, neither side comes out of it very well. The Tories flogged off the council house stock on the cheap, didn't they. The happy purchasers then flogged them on at a huge profit, then every other house-seller expected to do the same. Whoosh went the prices.

I think you'll find the prices started to go whoosh in the late 90's under the Labour government, when they sat back and watched the greed that gripped the nation, and failed to do anything about it. The poor who the tories helped onto the housing ladder, who otherwise would not have had a chance of owning their own house, suddenly got greedy, saw big profits and the rest is history. FFS Blair was more right wing than Teresa May is!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
6 Polls today show Tory lead between 1% and 12%.
Whatever the truth of it we will have another Tory government although hopefully with a lesser majority in order to curb their excesses.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Another example of terror affecting our lives is this thread. OK we all do not agree on politics, the comments have got a bit spicy and near the knuckle but we were debating heartily. Now, all of a sudden because of these islamic extremist *******s we all go reticent and quiet. Respect to the injured and maybe worse but I am getting absolutely Fked off by these backward barbarians. Now do people believe we are in a war?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports