General Election 2017

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I've always voted Labour , so have most of my family, myself, my brother, and two nephews all vote Labour.

We've served for a total of about forty years between us in the armed forces.

I bet your all so proud too when he, Corbyn, doesn't support you and Blair sends you to die under false claims. Good on you.

larus

You realise the current Conservative government have accumulated more debt than every Labour government in history... combined? The majority of Labour governments have ended up reducing the national debt, and the two that didn't happened to coincide with the biggest global financial crisis of the 20th Century and the biggest global financial crisis so far in the 21st Century.

Worth a look if you haven't already.
http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/...the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/

So please explain this to me.

When the Tories won in 2010, the deficit was 10% of GDP. So are you saying that they have been the nasty party by having too much austerity or they've been partying like it's 2007 again (as per Gordon 'prudence' :lol: Brown).

It seems you labour types want to switch between one form of rhetoric to the other depending on what argument you are having.

You're complaining about the level of national debt now (triggered by Dear Prudence), but want to vote in a party who have found a sugar daddy who will give them anything they want on by spending on a credit card with no fear of the repercussions.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I bet your all so proud too when he, Corbyn, doesn't support you and Blair sends you to die under false claims. Good on you.

I was more angry when Thatchers Government had to send a task force to the South Atlantic through their ineptitude, and cost cutting, and then, the casualties of the conflict had to rely on a publicly donated charity to get any decent financial help with their injuries, so, don't talk to me about support for the armed forces.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Lovely.

Course that's all dependant on the 40% hike in corporation tax, and the 40% hike in the minimum wage no putting tens of thousands of small business out of business, thus a lot of the lower income families out of work!

That's also ignoring the fact if Labour win power, then sterling will crash like we have never seen it crash before, thus putting up prices and inflation.

So to summarise:

- less income from corporation tax increases. Because any corporation large enough, avoids a lot of tax as it is, so it will only really hit the small/medium businesses
- less income from lower income Taxes
- more income from high earners taxes TICK
- LESS spending power means less income from VAT. Unless of course they increase that by 40% as well!
- MORE working benefit subsidies needed as thousands of business go to the wall leaving more and more people in need of handouts.

This also ignores that he £10 minimum wage will probably be worth less in real terms that it is today, because inflation will be so rampant in real terms £10 under Labour will be worth less than £7.20 today.

But then of course if Labour does win power, all this shit about £10 minimum wages will be as relevant as the students University fees, because they will u-turn on it. They'll have to, because it cannot work, although the judging by the leadership and his shadow abnets, they will be to pig-ignorant to u-turn, and will just drag the country under.

If it is as chaotic as you think it is I think we should establish a few things.

1. Pound crashing if labour get in is an opinion. No economic evidence to support this will happen. But nice try.

2. If a business pays its workers more, it will offset against profits anyway and therefore reduces the amount of tax it needs to pay. So businesses aren't going to be hit as hard in real terms. Your outlook is very binary.

3. the businesses that are struggling to survive won't be paying much or any tax anyway and it definitely won't result in tens of thousands of job losses.

4. The household income increase for millions of low paid workers will mean Moreno potential customers to pump money into the small and medium sized businesses meaning increaseses revenue. This will offset the against the new minimum wage.

Overall the impact to small and medium sized businesses will be minimal. Or would you be happy for millions of households continue to have real terms pay cuts year after year? Because of that happens there's will be less and less expendable income and businesses will fail anyway and growth will be almost non existent.

Do you also believe that businesses don't fail under this government?

Growth is terrible. The austerity con (the debt has tripled) yet labour are criticised for offering good something different and are sniggered at.

The latest sound bite being the "magic money tree" . The tories have tripled the national debt but still manage to cut public services to the bone.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Would that be like the inconvenient truth that you don't like, (so you try to rewrite history.).........that Corbyn supported the IRA at a time when they were murdering British soldiers & civilians, and bombing British towns and cities.

Ah yes, the biggest deflection the right have. The good old Corbyn is an IRA sympathiser. I've provided enough sources and links to support my view. As you believe I am attempting to 're-write history' you've probably seen said argument, links etc. I've done this dance before. I haven't the patience to do it again.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've always voted Labour , so have most of my family, myself, my brother, and two nephews all vote Labour.

We've served for a total of about forty years between us in the armed forces.

Perhaps it's time for a change then.

What are your views on Corbyn equating UK servicemen with terrorists and going to ceremonies honouring terrorists intent on killing men women and children/Uk servicemen ? See also McDonnell /Abbott .

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He says he'll deliver a deal. As 'no deal' is mutually assured destruction (Foreign Affairs Select Committee) & dire (#strongandstableleader) I'm with Corbyn and not Paul Dacre, but each to their own.

Of course you are with Corbyn.
You have worked out he is full of shit as well and will relent to keeping free movement and keeping the meddling ECJ as concessions to achieve his aim of full tariff free access to the single market.
Its the watered down Brexit you want.
Forget HARD or SOFT Brexit, if you want a REAL Brexit do NOT vote Labour.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I was more angry when Thatchers Government had to send a task force to the South Atlantic through their ineptitude, and cost cutting, and then, the casualties of the conflict had to rely on a publicly donated charity to get any decent financial help with their injuries, so, don't talk to me about support for the armed forces.

Why not? I have family having served from the Indian conflicts, the boer war and the first and second world wars, founding members of the RFC and friends that served in the falklands too. I'll talk about the military as much as I like thanks!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Of course you are with Corbyn.
You have worked out he is full of shit as well and will relent to keeping free movement and keeping the meddling ECJ as concessions to achieve his aim of full tariff free access to the single market.
Its the watered down Brexit you want.
Forget HARD or SOFT Brexit, if you want a REAL Brexit do NOT vote Labour.

I'll vote Labour thanks, I care about other people. Plus a hard Brexit doesn't define my life as a success or not, as it seems to you.

I read in the paper today The Tories have been meeting with some Swiss EU negotiator at length and speculated we might go going for the 'Swiss' option, which would seem sensible to me. Hope so - it'll ruin your Little England dreams.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What about the fact that the Tories have raised the personal tax allowance from 6475 in 2010/11 to 11,000 in 2016/17 at a time when inflation has been say 1%. If Labour had done this you wuld be protesting yourself in front of Corbyn shouting "Take me. Forget the lube, just sing the red flag comrade"

Yes, that's marvellous ! I can earn £ 900 odd pound a month before tax ! so, that means I'm only paying tax on the other £600 a month I am earning. Soon I won't be paying any tax at all on my monthly earnings !

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Perhaps it's time for a change then.

What are your views on Corbyn equating UK servicemen with terrorists and going to ceremonies honouring terrorists intent on killing men women and children/Uk servicemen ? See also McDonnell /Abbott .

Didn't Major open dialogue with the Provos during the 90s?
You have to talk to your enemies, it saves lives in the end. I, personally believe the IRA had a good case in the beginning of the latest round of troubles 1969-1997. They were treated as second class citizens, and, although, like Corbyn I utterly condemn the use of violence to advance a political idea, I can understand it. I suppose I will now be called a terrorist loving traitor but,hey ho

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'll vote Labour thanks, I care about other people. Plus a hard Brexit doesn't define my life as a success or not, as it seems to you.

I read in the paper today The Tories have been meeting with some Swiss EU negotiator at length and speculated we might go going for the 'Swiss' option, which would seem sensible to me. Hope so - it'll ruin your Little England dreams.

Virtue signalling at it's finest. :p

larus

Yes, that's marvellous ! I can earn £ 900 odd pound a month before tax ! so, that means I'm only paying tax on the other £600 a month I am earning. Soon I won't be paying any tax at all on my monthly earnings !

So I guess you'll be condemning the last Labour government for only getting it to 6,475. I understand now, but you really can't blame the Tories for Labours previous f*ckups surely. Oh, you can. Gotcha

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why not? I have family having served from the Indian conflicts, the boer war and the first and second world wars, founding members of the RFC and friends that served in the falklands too. I'll talk about the military as much as I like thanks!

You carry on then fella, free speech is a plank of our democracy. It's a shame you never served though.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

There we go.
Knew the sneering Liberal in you was dying to jump out

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So please explain this to me.

When the Tories won in 2010, the deficit was 10% of GDP. So are you saying that they have been the nasty party by having too much austerity or they've been partying like it's 2007 again (as per Gordon 'prudence' :lol: Brown).

It seems you labour types want to switch between one form of rhetoric to the other depending on what argument you are having.

You're complaining about the level of national debt now (triggered by Dear Prudence), but want to vote in a party who have found a sugar daddy who will give them anything they want on by spending on a credit card with no fear of the repercussions.

The faulty premise being that austerity is meant to reduce the indebtedness of the UK by 'cutting our way to growth'. It hasn't worked. Simultaneously George Osborne and co borrowed more in 3 years than Labour did in 13. Given that George Osborne missed all of his 2010 economic predictions and oversaw the slowest economic recovery on record, it's absolutely clear that any signs of economic recovery that have happened since 2010 have happened despite ideological austerity, not because of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports