Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gender debate: Ian McEwan causes outrage with his remark

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
the term cisgender is offensive. oppressive and reverse transphobic.
check your privilege people before using it willy-nilly

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
syntax is grammar, semantics is meaning. if they want to separate from physiological meaning of gender, they should go off and make a new word to define what they mean. maybe that in itself would resolve a lot of the "issues", as i see it most of this matter has nothing to do with genuine gender mis-assignment, but a desire to change gender, or be perceived to be a different gender, including no gender.

I think that they refer to your 'sex' as the parts you were born with, and your 'gender 'as the social construct you are 'assigned' as a result of the parts you are born with. Well that's one explanation I've seen anyway.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
"Call me old-fashioned, but I tend to think of people with penises as men"

Call me old-fashioned, but I tend to think of people with penises very rarely.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Let me google that for you.....
I did , immediately after the post youve just quoted , i even quoted my own post to let people know, you couldnt resist having a dig,and now look a bit of a prat...............

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
"Call me old-fashioned, but I tend to think of people with penises as men"

(Guardian 2nd April)

Thoughts?

To those making a big issue of this and calling it ignorance etc., can you say what you regard people with penises as.

All hilarity welcome as I'm sure there will be no genuine replies.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
To those making a big issue of this and calling it ignorance etc., can you say what you regard people with penises as.

All hilarity welcome as I'm sure there will be no genuine replies.

One way that the Trannies differ from the LGBs is that they make demands of other people to change the way they are perceived, and by change here I dont mean be nice, they are asking you change your sexual identity. If part of your sexuality is based on visual stimuli they are saying you should accept a male as female if He/She thinks she is that sex, pre-op. now thats a big ask. They alsohave labels for normal people.

the homos are going to regret letting the trannies in under the barbed wire I bet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here