Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Gender and biological sex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Schools will still provide, by law, traditional male and female toilets. That is unlikely to ever change.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For those who can't be bothered to read the whole of the original post, the key issue seems to be whether it is OK for a doctor to know, and thereby acknowledge (and have captured in medical records) whether someone's biological sex is male or female because it is relevant to the nature of their diagnosis and treatment (yes, yes it is), versus whether it is OK for you or me to insist on publicly declaring that Anohni and Jayne County, for example, are 'really' blokes, despite their gender (which is theirs to choose), and, if given the chance, saying so to each of these person's face (yes, yes it is, now apparently, but not for long, I suspect and hope).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What got me, this was announced the same week that it was announced that sexual harrassment was normalised in schools and girls asked for nudes by up 11 boys a night

The priorities are all wrong. Something is seriously wrong here. Why are gender neutral toilets in school needed in any way whatsoever, when particularly young girls need more privacy not less of it, given what is going on in this smart phone age.

It need not be one thing versus another, although I agree with [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] on this

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
is it me or has this whole thing only really come into existence (more prominently) in the last 3-4 years?

Its not just you, it seems a lot of people are going through what you are going through right now. But I'm sure most people around here are going to support you.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Oh, for the days of innocence. I must’ve been very naive, but at eleven, I remember walking home from school, down Surrenden Road and a friend telling me that my parents will have had sexual intercourse. I was fascinated because I hadn’t realised that they taken any courses, so couldn’t wait to get home to ask them. My mum told my dad to enlighten me as to what courses they’d been on, but when my dad started on the old birds and bees routine, I had to inform him that I was fully aware that men’s willies went in ladies holes and that a wee took place. The look on his face remains with me to this day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Schools will still provide, by law, traditional male and female toilets. That is unlikely to ever change.

Indeed. The whole issue about choice is that people are given.....a choice. Some people's attitude to this issue sounds a bit like their attitude to homosexuality in the 1970s: "they want it to be legal? Next it will be compulsory!". It wasn't, though, was it? ???

I probably shouldn't admit this but I always use the disabled toilet if there is one available (especially in a busy place like a hospital or airport) because they tend to be cleaner :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, for the days of innocence. I must’ve been very naive, but at eleven, I remember walking home from school, down Surrenden Road and a friend telling me that my parents will have had sexual intercourse. I was fascinated because I hadn’t realised that they taken any courses, so couldn’t wait to get home to ask them. My mum told my dad to enlighten me as to what courses they’d been on, but when my dad started on the old birds and bees routine, I had to inform him that I was fully aware that men’s willies went in ladies holes and that a wee took place. The look on his face remains with me to this day.

Christ. I've been doing it wrong - for decades now. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its not just you, it seems a lot of people are going through what you are going through right now. But I'm sure most people around here are going to support you.

:lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Another day another outrage . This board full of this crap at the moment . Way more than what is in normal life .

Odd

Yet again , All a load of bollocks isn’t it , or complete gash if you want to be politically correct

Next …….

D

Deleted member 2719

Indeed. The whole issue about choice is that people are given.....a choice. Some people's attitude to this issue sounds a bit like their attitude to homosexuality in the 1970s: "they want it to be legal? Next it will be compulsory!". It wasn't, though, was it? ???

I probably shouldn't admit this but I always use the disabled toilet if there is one available (especially in a busy place like a hospital or airport) because they tend to be cleaner :shrug:
I expect you take their parking spaces too, as it saves you walking so far?

Morals, morals and morals.:nono:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sorry for being a complete ignoramus here, but I was never particularly good at biology and I'm also too confused by the gender identity issue.
In regards to biological sex, I assume the discussion is due to this being defined by chromosomes and not anatomy.
i.e. pre-op or post-op transgender people retain the chromosomes of their biological sex, which cannot be altered.

Is that the gist of the biological sex cannot be changed argument?
I would agree that someone shouldn't be dismissed for stating that fact.

However if someone is pushing their gender critical beliefs in a damaging manner and causing issues in the workplace, then that is a different matter entirely.
( I have no idea whether that is relevant, because i CBA to look into the details of this case.)

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry for being a complete ignoramus here, but I was never particularly good at biology and I'm also too confused by the gender identity issue.
In regards to biological sex, I assume the discussion is due to this being defined by chromosomes and not anatomy.
i.e. pre-op or post-op transgender people retain the chromosomes of their biological sex, which cannot be altered.

Is that the gist of the biological sex cannot be changed argument?
I would agree that someone shouldn't be dismissed for stating that fact.

However if someone is pushing their gender critical beliefs in a damaging manner and causing issues in the workplace, then that is a different matter entirely.
( I have no idea whether that is relevant, because i CBA to loo into the details of this case.

1. Correct.
2. Correct
3. I agree
4. I agree

Hopefully the law will be tweaked.

Some interesting and revealing replies on this thread. In the latter case, some intentional and others unintentional ???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've worked in places that observe gender neutral pro-nouns, have people using gender neutral pronouns, have gender neutral toilets etc. I would say it took less than ten minutes for management to run through the details of it, we all got it. It has never been mentioned again and there has never been a problem. Agree with it or not, it has very little impact on anyone day to day.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Seems there is now a call for gender neutral toilets in schools.

I just wonder if anyone can inform me what the difference is between gender neutral and unisex toilets.

to emphasis the difference between sex and gender, have to use those words.

not sure what law should change or how. it would be preposterous to say someone cant make a statement of fact about someones biology. content of what is said and if it give offence, maybe.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here