Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GCSE's

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Did you have kids that completed GCSE's this year? It would explain your blind refusal to accept anyone else's opinion.

Yes, yes I have.

My daughter got her results yesterday - if you had bothered to read the thread you would have seen this.

You barged into the thread with the comment 'GCSEs are 'piss easy'. I responded with the fact that they are clearly NOT 'piss easy' if you want to come away with anything approaching a decent set of grades. If kids want to wank their way through School just doing the bare minimum and end up in an unfulfilling job then fair enough, but that's just a waste of life and I can guarantee that there are a whole load of 16 year olds who are waking up this morning thinking that they could have done a lot better but didn't, maybe because they thought it would be piss-easy.

The point I was trying to make was that unless you are some kind of child prodigy then GCSEs are NOT easy. My daughter worked f***ing hard for her 13 GCSEs - not all A grades but she got A/A* in the subjects that mattered for her college and University plans- and she has done this because she wants to make something of her life and realises that without the right work ethic in School she won't achieve her goals. My son was the same when he did his GCSEs 3 years ago.

I still can't work out if you are some kind of wind-up merchant who comes on here trying to provoke people, or whether you really are an arrogant, pompous wanker who really believes the constant stream of utter bollocks that seems to spew relentlessly from the yawning cavern that is your mouth.

Stumpy Tim

In my experience, people who say that any exams are 'piss easy' are usually people who regret not working hard enough and are now paying the price for their laziness.

I agree with most of what you've said Hiney, but this is rubbish. I found GCSE's a complete piece of piss and I'm doing very well thank you. But other people find them hard and their achievements should be applauded.

The truth is, GCSE's are HUGELY important to the people doing them because it gets them onto A-Levels (or other similar courses). A-Levels then become hugely important because it's get the people to a degree. The degree then becomes important as it gets a job or onto a Masters Course... and so it goes on.

It doesn't really matter whether they're getting easier. They matter at the time, but in 10 years time they're largely irrelevant. My CV just says 10 GCSE's & 3 A-Levels ( as well as my Degree, Masters and partially-completed second Masters). But then, I'm a clever bastard

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I agree with most of what you've said Hiney, but this is rubbish. I found GCSE's a complete piece of piss and I'm doing very well thank you. But other people find them hard and their achievements should be applauded.

The truth is, GCSE's are HUGELY important to the people doing them because it gets them onto A-Levels (or other similar courses). A-Levels then become hugely important because it's get the people to a degree. The degree then becomes important as it gets a job or onto a Masters Course... and so it goes on.

It doesn't really matter whether they're getting easier. They matter at the time, but in 10 years time they're largely irrelevant. My CV just says 10 GCSE's & 3 A-Levels ( as well as my Degree, Masters and partially-completed second Masters). But then, I'm a clever bastard

Fair enough squire. I did say that it was 'usually' people who regret not working hard enough.

You are clearly one of those brainy bastards who find studying easy

:lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nipple,
You may or may not be right. Indeed, it is difficult not to have sympathy with the argument that says they are getting easier because the results steadily improve year on year whilst not seeing a major cultural shift towards working hard.

However, instead of starting a new thread on the subject, you've come on here pissing on the achievements of people who have just received their first meaningful exam results for the sake of being controversial. You are a hypocrite I'm afraid.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes, yes I have.

My daughter got her results yesterday - if you had bothered to read the thread you would have seen this.

You barged into the thread with the comment 'GCSEs are 'piss easy'. I responded with the fact that they are clearly NOT 'piss easy' if you want to come away with anything approaching a decent set of grades. If kids want to wank their way through School just doing the bare minimum and end up in an unfulfilling job then fair enough, but that's just a waste of life and I can guarantee that there are a whole load of 16 year olds who are waking up this morning thinking that they could have done a lot better but didn't, maybe because they thought it would be piss-easy.

The point I was trying to make was that unless you are some kind of child prodigy then GCSEs are NOT easy. My daughter worked f***ing hard for her 13 GCSEs - not all A grades but she got A/A* in the subjects that mattered for her college and University plans- and she has done this because she wants to make something of her life and realises that without the right work ethic in School she won't achieve her goals. My son was the same when he did his GCSEs 3 years ago.

I still can't work out if you are some kind of wind-up merchant who comes on here trying to provoke people, or whether you really are an arrogant, pompous wanker who really believes the constant stream of utter bollocks that seems to spew relentlessly from the yawning cavern that is your mouth.

Again with the insults. what is the point in having anything near an intelligent conversation with you and Buzzer when you have totally subjective opinions and clearly dislike me. I suggest if you don't like engaging in debate with me then don't.

Stumpy Tim

Fair enough squire. I did say that it was 'usually' people who regret not working hard enough.

You are clearly one of those brainy bastards who find studying easy

:lol:

Not at all. Maybe when I was lucky in that Downlands in Hassocks is a decent school and my mates were pretty switched on too.... we all knew the importance of passing our exams

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
again with the pomposity. Your opinions are objective (how does that work) whereas mine are subjective. You're the one telling me what I should and shouldn't do yet I'm the one doing the policing. You're tring to have an intelligent debate, I'm the one who's thick.

Must be great being you. What with you being such a charming success story

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
again with the pomposity. Your opinions are objective (how does that work) whereas mine are subjective. You're the one telling me what I should and shouldn't do yet I'm the one doing the policing. You're tring to have an intelligent debate, I'm the one who's thick.

Must be great being you. What with you being such a charming success story

The fact that you constantly resort to inaccurate, snidey, personal remarks tell me all I need to know about you.If you want to talk about the topic great, if you are just going to work to your own agenda what's the point Buzzer, really?. Just because I commented that GCSE's are easy. It doesn't mean that people aren't intelligent, or don't work hard just that I think they are easy and have always been easy. Easy when I did them, easy nowadays.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bloody iPhone

So where am inaccurate then? The objective opinions (sic), your instructions of what I should do or is it the bit about your charming success?

I'm o viously thick so please explain why you're abuse is neither personal nor snidey but mine is

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
The fact that you constantly resort to inaccurate, snidey, personal remarks tell me all I need to know about you.If you want to talk about the topic great, if you are just going to work to your own agenda what's the point Buzzer, really?. Just because I commented that GCSE's are easy. It doesn't mean that people aren't intelligent, or don't work hard just that I think they are easy and have always been easy. Easy when I did them, easy nowadays.

What were your grades then?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Wasn;t so easy then was it - if it was as easy as you recall you would have got straight A*s surely?

No, 'cos they grade them differently. I don't even remember the A* thing being around when I did them. However, I never claimed to have got straight A's. If a dullard like me can pass all their exams then they gotta be easy! And believe me, I was pretty much in the bottom group for most subjects. Really not academic at all.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
No, 'cos they grade them differently. I don't even remember the A* thing being around when I did them. However, I never claimed to have got straight A's. If a dullard like me can pass all their exams then they gotta be easy! And believe me, I was pretty much in the bottom group for most subjects. Really not academic at all.

Well well done you, I bow at your feet.

Knob.

I worked my f***ing arse off for my GCSE's - probably more than I did at my first year at uni. I was in the top set for everything, and got 4 A's, 4B's and a C - the best out of my year (although that's probably a reflection of my school than anything else).

I think that you aren't giving people enough credit for what they've acheived, but then as a cleaner and part time extra i think there's probably a hint of jealousy surrounding you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well well done you, I bow at your feet.

Knob.

I worked my f***ing arse off for my GCSE's - probably more than I did at my first year at uni. I was in the top set for everything, and got 4 A's, 4B's and a C - the best out of my year (although that's probably a reflection of my school than anything else).

I think that you aren't giving people enough credit for what they've acheived, but then as a cleaner and part time extra i think there's probably a hint of jealousy surrounding you.

I would have though better of you BAG. I give people plenty of credit. Good on 'em for passing the exams but you are not going to change my opinion by insulting me and making inaccurate statements about my career. I have tried not to insult anyone on here but just 'cos I happen to tell an unpopular truth, that the exams are not that hard, I get abused by people who have no idea who I am, what I do and have never met me. I am surprised you have stooped to the level of Buzzer at al.

Stumpy Tim

I would have though better of you BAG. I give people plenty of credit. Good on 'em for passing the exams but you are not going to change my opinion by insulting me and making inaccurate statements about my career. I have tried not to insult anyone on here but just 'cos I happen to tell an unpopular truth, that the exams are not that hard, I get abused by people who have no idea who I am, what I do and have never met me. I am surprised you have stooped to the level of Buzzer at al.

How is her description of your career inaccurate? Or are you a part-time extra and a cleaner rather than a part-time cleaner and an extra?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

You haven't given them any credit at all though - all you've said on this thread is "oh, it's easy" - thus discrediting their acheivements.

I love how you get all offended at your miscomings, but are overly critical of anyone else's acheivements. It's utterly stupid.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How is her description of your career inaccurate? Or are you a part-time extra and a cleaner rather than a part-time cleaner and an extra?

Uhmm, well I'm not a cleaner and haven't been for ages. I act professionaly pretty much constantly and I work in media. However, that is off topic. If you all want to believe it's cos of jealousy then crack on, you clearly have no idea about my life. What else do you want me to say. I'm sorry you worked so hard? I'm sorry for my opinion? I am not particularly intelligent, I was a poor performer at school but passed my exams. I have looked at papers from a couple of years ago and found them easy. Therefore I have come to my conclusion.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Again with the insults. what is the point in having anything near an intelligent conversation with you and Buzzer when you have totally subjective opinions and clearly dislike me.

In fairness, if you only want conversations with people on here who like you, you might as well skip the whole messageboard thing and talk to Les Bien directly.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In fairness, if you only want conversations with people on here who like you, you might as well skip the whole messageboard thing and talk to Les Bien directly.

Very good. Thought we might be seeing you here at some point old buddy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here