Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GCSE's

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
No, I think people have got more intelligent but from the word go I have said that clearly it isn't improving to that extent yearly.

So, as I say, teaching is more geared to exams then ever (having spoken to numerous teachers this is true), people are working harder - look at stress figures from surveys etc though obviously these are flawed), expectations have increased with standards anyway and multiple exam boards make the exams perhaps slightly easier - it's a combination of lots of things.

If you look, more people are getting degress now, so jobs such as receptionist are now wanting a degree, when previously they didn't.

Its funny that you equate hard work to stress levels. Its only in the last 10-15 years that stress has become a fashion accessory. So how do you measure its change over time?

I agree that teaching is more geared to exams and all this achieves is less well rounded students, that have little idea of subjects outside their curriculum. It certainly doesn't make them more clever.

Yet again you shoot yourself in the foot with your statement about jobs like receptionist. This merely goes to show how devalued a degree has become.
It used to be you could be a receptionist with good 'O' levels, then with time the equivalent intelligence became a couple of 'A' levels and low and behold its now a degree.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I don't see your point...

It provde my point that expectations have increased... so , yes, what I got today isn't considered quite as good as it would have been 20 years ago ... doesn't mean it's necessarily easier.

So you might say GCSE's are easier... but even if they are it isn't really having a big effect.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
what a crock of shit, are you a crock of shit?

receptionists do not need degrees, they may HAVE degrees but they do NOT need them, they are just to lazy to do

anything with it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
GCSE's are definately getting easier. I tried a sample geography test on-line earlier and I haven't looked at a geography text book since I was 15. I got an A grade. Piece of piss. If you can't manage that, even at the age of 15 you are probably slightly retarded and a cause of shame for your parents.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
You're a bit of an idiot then. Doesn't tell much about your life that you have time to do that, i'd expect someone of your clearly superior intelligence to be really sucessful and busy...

Okay, do 15 exams, and even still you won't be able to replicate the feeling because they don't actually matter so pressure isn't on.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
GCSE's are definately getting easier. I tried a sample geography test on-line earlier and I haven't looked at a geography text book since I was 15. I got an A grade. Piece of piss. If you can't manage that, even at the age of 15 you are probably slightly retarded and a cause of shame for your parents.

You really must be COMMENDED on how hard you have tried in this thread Nibble!

A+ - keep up the good work

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I don't see your point...

It provde my point that expectations have increased... so , yes, what I got today isn't considered quite as good as it would have been 20 years ago ... doesn't mean it's necessarily easier.

So you might say GCSE's are easier... but even if they are it isn't really having a big effect.

Your arguments lack coherence, consistency and reasoning, and you are a product of the education system QED

Mar 13, 2008
How many people have taken both (ones from now and ones from 10-15 years ago) in the same enviroment.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You're a bit of an idiot then. Doesn't tell much about your life that you have time to do that, i'd expect someone of your clearly superior intelligence to be really sucessful and busy...

Okay, do 15 exams, and even still you won't be able to replicate the feeling because they don't actually matter so pressure isn't on.

Or does it tell you that I can afford to spend time doing things like that. The follies of a success?

The sentence highlighted is very poor. I have highlighted this for you. If you can pass exams with non-sensical phrases like that then my point is proved.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Your an insecure member of the generation which should be happy for kids my age doing well and being pleased and having a sense of achievement rather then pissing on their parade.

You know VERY little about it yet come out with some ridiculous statements. You lack a meaningful argument, ' yeah, gcse's are getting easier' how easy to jump on the bandwagon aye!

Perhaps remove your head from your ass and consider the fact that you don't know that much about it, that you aren't supreme and that you do feel threatened.

I think it is pathetic, the way in which youare clearly bitter, perhaps about your childhood, and decide to try to stop people feeling a sense of achievement, it's very dangerous as well.

Mar 13, 2008
How many poeple use the same level gramma in the work place and in an exam as they do on a forum??

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Or does it tell you that I can afford to spend time doing things like that. The follies of a success?

The sentence highlighted is very poor. I have highlighted this for you. If you can pass exams with non-sensical phrases like that then my point is proved.

So for you time on your hands shows sucess? Makes me more certain that people my age work harder! I would say sucess is when you have very little time on your hands because you're constantly achieving.

Yes, it was a poor sentence but I'm sure you can appreciate I'm not exactly focused right now, I'm over the moon!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Your an insecure member of the generation which should be happy for kids my age doing well and being pleased and having a sense of achievement rather then pissing on their parade.

You know VERY little about it yet come out with some ridiculous statements. You lack a meaningful argument, ' yeah, gcse's are getting easier' how easy to jump on the bandwagon aye!

Perhaps remove your head from your ass and consider the fact that you don't know that much about it, that you aren't supreme and that you do feel threatened.

I think it is pathetic, the way in which youare clearly bitter, perhaps about your childhood, and decide to try to stop people feeling a sense of achievement, it's very dangerous as well.

I have highlighted another error for you.

I am happy for you that you have passed your exams but they are getting easier. If you want to feel all warm and lovely that's what your friends and family are for. I am interested in facts.

Mar 13, 2008

I bet you are one of those poeple that complain about kids doing f*** all and britain has a shit future yet when a group of teenagers (britains future) do well in their GCSE's you tell them they are shit and worthless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here