Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gbp 1 = eur 1.40

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Really not interested on the views of those that now wish to remain in the EU if they previously also wanted us to join the Euro.

I was quite happy to join the Euro, if as promised it offered me and my family a higher standard of living, I listened to the business leaders, most of the Labour party and many tories too tell me how it would improve my lifestyle, I also listened to the few that foresaw the likely collapse and the whole debacle it has become.

The EU seems a basket case and something I would want to leave, I have lived, worked and travelled throughout the continent and I love it but I do not want to be governed by it.

Why not ask the business and political leaders that called it correctly with the Euro rather than listen to the same old fools that got it wrong, those same people have no humility, they blunder on screeching louder than ever on the virtues of remaining within and the impending doom of getting out.

Just be quiet a moment, you keep getting it wrong and we dont need to listen to you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So if it is a no then what happens to all EU workers working in the UK ?

This is a good question. And it's questions like this which need to be addressed by the government.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So will this referendum include the option to stop migrant EU workers coming to the UK and vice-versa

The thought of Herr Tubthumper having to return to the UK should focus minds and give me the result I want :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is a good question. And it's questions like this which need to be addressed by the government.

Opposite our offices is Santander UK headquarters where around 40% of the staff are Spanish, the floor below us that company has around 25% of French people. I would imagine a good 10% of my company are EU nationals so this could be a serious issue around skills required by UK Companies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The government can decide, it seems far more reasonable than having no controls at all.

It's a referendum therefore it's us which decide.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Opposite our offices is Santander UK headquarters where around 40% of the staff are Spanish, the floor below us that company has around 25% of French people. I would imagine a good 10% of my company are EU nationals so this could be a serious issue around skills required by UK Companies.

I totally agree.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So if it is a no then what happens to all EU workers working in the UK ?

I guess nothing would happen to those already here but there would be restrictions on entry for EU nationals very shortly after a NO vote.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Would have some interesting implications for football teams through the league. We were only able to get Ulloa after he'd got a Spanish passport.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It should also address what will happen to UK citizens who live elsewhere in the EU, those whose businesses/living are dependant upon working within the EU regardless of where they reside.

Again, good questions which needs answering.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I guess nothing would happen to those already here but there would be restrictions on entry for EU nationals very shortly after a NO vote.

The whole thing would be plain stupid, how do you distinguish one worker from another and what chance a surge of EU people suddenly arriving just before the vote which would no doubt have Daily Mail readers frothing at the mouth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

We can't guess though. We need answers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Whatever the outcome it is a remain in vote from me already however maybe as I work in the city I see the bigger picture.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We wont get answers , it will all be rushed through to stifle any real debate. Look at what happened with the AV referendum.

Which will be a total disaster. Will Cameron really be this daft?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
We can't guess though. We need answers.

From the BBC website:

What would happen to Britons working in Europe, and EU citizens working in the UK?

Better off out:

Britain would gain full control of its own borders, with migration in and out of the country regulated solely by British law. It would be more difficult for EU citizens to move to the UK, although those already living here are unlikely to be removed.

Better off in:

A lot would depend on what kind of deal was reached with the other EU nations. Britons may have to apply for visas to enter EU countries and those already living there may face integration rules, such as proving they can speak the language before gaining long-term residency rights. There would also be uncertainty for many EU workers now paying taxes in the UK - what benefits, if any, would they be entitled to?

- Seems that even the 'in' campaign is suggesting those living here could stay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here