Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gbp 1 = eur 1.40

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Pound is strong at the moment compared to the Czech koruna. Felt like id been violated when I changed money recently.

...as for the EU...keep dreaming about leaving. Its not going to happen.

Jan 30, 2008
The answer isn't to get out of the EU, the answer is for populist politicians to stop pretending they want to.
i thought it was more along the lines of the general public myself................ :rolleyes: WHAT ABOUT NORWAY and SWITZERLAND, THEY SEEM TO COPE WHY CAN'T WE , WE COPED BEFORE WE WENT IN WHY WON'T WE IF WE LEAVE
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Pound is strong at the moment compared to the Czech koruna. Felt like id been violated when I changed money recently.

...as for the EU...keep dreaming about leaving. Its not going to happen.
din alert !!!! WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK ,YOU DON'T LIVE HERE FFS :dunce:
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i thought it was more along the lines of the general public myself................ :rolleyes: WHAT ABOUT NORWAY and SWITZERLAND, THEY SEEM TO COPE WHY CAN'T WE , WE COPED BEFORE WE WENT IN WHY WON'T WE IF WE LEAVE
regards
DR

They cope because they are signed up to exactly the same agreements as the UK.....except they don't have any say in what rules are passed down to them. They too have freedom of movement of services, labour, capital and goods. I understand Norway have more EU nationals per head than anyone in the EU. The Swiss have over 100 agreements which bind them to the 4 freedoms. If you want to be like Norway or Switzerland .....just keep things as they are.

Jan 30, 2008
They cope because they are signed up to exactly the same agreements as the UK.....except they don't have any say in what rules are passed down to them. They too have freedom of movement of services, labour, capital and goods. I understand Norway have more EU nationals per head than anyone in the EU. The Swiss have over 100 agreements which bind them to the 4 freedoms. If you want to be like Norway or Switzerland .....just keep things as they are.
sounds great , why haven't they fully joined then???
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
sounds great , why haven't they fully joined then???
regards
DR

They want to remain independent but also have favourable trade agreements with the EU zone. The only way to do this is to sign up to the 4 freedoms but not actually join the EU.

It seems odd as their independence is merely notional, as they are bound by the same rules as the UK but have no say in them. But, I can understand it in some respects but more on an ideological level. This is how it will work if you withdraw.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A few years ago I got 2.08$US to the £1 and bought around £10k. Been to the US once but the dollar is taken everywhere and so a very good investment. Thought about cashing in at 1.49$ / £1 but didn't.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
For those going away over the summer, MoneyCorp are offering 1.3743. You pay when you collect at the airport but you reserve the rate now, and even better, if it goes up in the meantime you get that as well. I've just used it recently and it's very easy & no hidden extras.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For those going away over the summer, MoneyCorp are offering 1.3743. You pay when you collect at the airport but you reserve the rate now, and even better, if it goes up in the meantime you get that as well. I've just used it recently and it's very easy & no hidden extras.

CurrencyFair have 1.3930 literally now. If you travel a lot my suggestion is to get yourself a euro account (you can get these in the UK) and use CurrencyFair. It's really easy to use and generally the best exchange rate.

They want to remain independent but also have favourable trade agreements with the EU zone. The only way to do this is to sign up to the 4 freedoms but not actually join the EU.

It seems odd as their independence is merely notional, as they are bound by the same rules as the UK but have no say in them. But, I can understand it in some respects but more on an ideological level. This is how it will work if you withdraw.

And if the UK chooses to leave then any negotiation of future arrangements will be with the Commission, as they were for Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein etc, and not via the Council.
Should the UK wish to amend the free movement of labour provision of the ToR and be unsuccessful in doing so via the Cameron renegotiation, or such a Treaty revision is rejected by the one of the other 27 member states (ie by national parliamentary vote or referendum as applicable) then this would effectively exclude the UK from the EEA membership after withdrawal because it would be incompatible with the first freedom.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And if the UK chooses to leave then any negotiation of future arrangements will be with the Commission, as they were for Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein etc, and not via the Council.
Should the UK wish to amend the free movement of labour provision of the ToR and be unsuccessful in doing so via the Cameron renegotiation, or such a Treaty revision is rejected by the one of the other 27 member states (ie by national parliamentary vote or referendum as applicable) then this would effectively exclude the UK from the EEA membership after withdrawal because it would be incompatible with the first freedom.

Very true.

Whilst I think the timing of this referendum is very bad, as it's now a given I'm up for it. I just hope that the government clearly state the reality, like you have just done, of leaving the EU. People need to know the facts and the real situations of the countries the UK plans to emulate.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So will this referendum include the option to stop migrant EU workers coming to the UK and vice-versa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here