Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazza to make his comeback at my local rec!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When Tony Adams & Paul Merson had personal issues, didn't the PFA step in & help them, if so why not help Gazza, instead of him going the same way as Geroge Best.

They have done.

In Gazza's case, if he can get to that point of accepting the help, he'll be in a far better point than most alcoholics. Simply because each time he crashes, it makes news, and there are people lining up to offer him assistance. Your average street drinker won't get that.

Unfortunately for Gazza, he hasn't reached that point yet, and there's only so much others can do for him. He has to be the key to it himself.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I don't see how Venables can even have the slightest blame,

In Manchester, Fergie could have some kind of control over Gaza away from the football club, clearly Venables didn't, Fergie would have kicked Jimmy Five Bellies into touch, Venables didn't in fact Spurs paid him some kind of wage I believe, if Gaza hadnt gone to London he probably would have hooked up with the artist formerly known as Mrs Gaiscoigne, and how much of their tempestuous relationship caused what's gone on in later years?

In short if Venables hadn't hijacked the United deal things might have been different, so he is IMHO partly to blame.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
In Manchester, Fergie could have some kind of control over Gaza away from the football club, clearly Venables didn't, Fergie would have kicked Jimmy Five Bellies into touch, Venables didn't in fact Spurs paid him some kind of wage I believe, if Gaza hadnt gone to London he probably would have hooked up with the artist formerly known as Mrs Gaiscoigne, and how much of their tempestuous relationship caused what's gone on in later years?

In short if Venables hadn't hijacked the United deal things might have been different, so he is IMHO partly to blame.

I don't buy your argument but you are welcome for it to be your opinion.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Apparently he's about to find himself homeless, and he's penniless now too.

Redknapp has offered him the junior coach position at QPR...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Redknapp has offered him the junior coach position at QPR...

Offered a helping hand from Redknapp? Jesus, that's rock bottom so maybe Gazza will now seek the help he needs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here