Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazza to make his comeback at my local rec!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
This story was the lead on Meridian late news last night despite the relapse story already breaking on the back pages and all the websites, bad taste or bad journalism? Clearly looking at the footage this morning he's not even going to make it to the park on a Sunday let alone play, very sad.

And perhaps the turning point in his life?

The summer of 1988, he'd agreed to join Manchester United before Venables and Spurs hijacked the deal, and basically bought Gazza's old man in the process, with a new house and a merc.

IMHO Fergie could have tamed him and turned into one of the greatest players in the world let alone this country, and a very rich man at the end of his career.

Venables the shark, partly to blame......

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
This story was the lead on Meridian late news last night despite the relapse story already breaking on the back pages and all the websites, bad taste or bad journalism? Clearly looking at the footage this morning he's not even going to make it to the park on a Sunday let alone play, very sad.

The summer of 1988, he'd agreed to join Manchester United before Venables and Spurs hijacked the deal, and basically bought Gazza's old man in the process, with a new house and a merc.

IMHO Fergie could have tamed him and turned into one of the greatest players in the world let alone this country, and a very rich man at the end of his career.

Even Fergie could not solve a mental problem.Sadly Gazza is doing the one or possibly two things you should not do in his state,drink and drugs.No way back if he keeps on drinking.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That is a shocking picture.

We have a man who was blessed with talent and who had the world in his hands, but sadly chose to throw it all away even with all the many chances and help he had. There are a lot of people out there who have never had the opportunities and support that has been handed to him on a plate.

Nothing will stop him from self destruction and there is a certain degree of him rejecting the world when things don’t go right for him. Alcohol gives a license to the user to blame everyone else apart from themselves.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
That is a shocking picture.

We have a man who was blessed with talent and who had the world in his hands, but sadly chose to throw it all away even with all the many chances and help he had. There are a lot of people out there who have never had the opportunities and support that has been handed to him on a plate.

Nothing will stop him from self destruction and there is a certain degree of him rejecting the world when things don’t go right for him. Alcohol gives a license to the user to blame everyone else apart from themselves.

He didn't choose to throw it all away, he has a severe addiction, from the looks of it caused by some other mental health issue.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I don't see how Venables can even have the slightest blame,

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Looking at this picture it's unbelievable to think that it was only 18 years ago that Gazza wowed us at Euro 96 with that wonder goal.

He can't have long left I wouldn't have thought.

Very sad

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Talksport ran a jocular trailer about Alan Brazil being a pisshead and turning up late or missing work just after a discussion about Gazzas problems.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Really sad.

I was lucky enough to see him in his pomp. Fantastic natural ability - balance - explosive power - ingenuity - vision - passion.

You never knew what he would do next, and I suspect that went for his team mates too. Shame it all had to end up like this.

I'll never condone the way he treated his wife, but I wish the bloke all the best and hope he recovers. He made watching football what watching football should be about.

Football genius. Was head and shoulders above the rest of the England team at the time and there was some real quality around him.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Breaks my heart seeing this absolutely dreadful just dreadful !!:ffsparr:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They have just said on ITV News when repirting about his latest drinking episode that Harry Rednap has offered him a job as a youth coach at QPR. As he has reportedly just bought a house in Sandbanks presumably Harry will take him under his wing anc take him wih him to work at QPR

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
The best player I have ever seen, unbelievably skillful. Its like the ball was stuck into his feet. I never thought when I was younger that I would end up pitying Gazza. I used to want too be him, now thank f^+k I'm not.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gazza was the most skilled, talented English player I've seen. With strength and a natural burst of pace. The only English midfielder or 'a no.10' that comes to mind, who at international level could and did run a midfield with his creativity and range of one touch passing.

Many will disagree, but I thought The Sun was disgusting today. I came across their headline through another online football link, a paparazzi snap of Gazza with "Oh no Gazza, not again". The picture shows Gazza, who I think is 47 now, looking so much older and he's clearly very ill with his lifelong alcoholism. He probably is not going to turn this around now, and after the battering he's given his body over the last 20 years, may not last much longer. I just thought the 'pap' and TheSun, were scummy, snapping this ill guy and then making it a headline, but they were everything I would expect of them with £ ruling, without a jot of kindness or ethics.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When Tony Adams & Paul Merson had personal issues, didn't the PFA step in & help them, if so why not help Gazza, instead of him going the same way as Geroge Best.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When Tony Adams & Paul Merson had personal issues, didn't the PFA step in & help them, if so why not help Gazza, instead of him going the same way as Geroge Best.

And what good did that do ?

Best started drinking again after having a liver transplant.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just throwing a question out there:thumbsup:

I suspect Gazza has been offered and received a lot of assistance from the FA and other helpful people.

The issue is he cannot overcome his addiction sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here