Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay supporters

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Brighton and Hove happens to be a gay tolerant town and I'm very proud of that and this just adds to the brilliance of the towns. Very glad I live here.

This doesn't mean that we have more gay fans than other clubs. You can be very sure that Palace have as many gay fans as us.

Such a daft approach from the OP. Probably a troll??

johnnymc

Oct 10, 2013
Thanks to those of who kindly emailed me. I seem to have offended some people here which wasn't my intention. As some of you have correctly commented I'm looking for contacts to canvas a series of opinions about a story which has little to do with what has been speculated about on this forum. And, yes, I have been in touch with fans from many other clubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I seem to have offended some people here which wasn't my intention.
:lol: It's impossible to post anything here without offending someone. I'm offended you thought otherwise.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
It's interesting that many on here feel like they need to tell this journalist what he should be writing about when all he's done is come on here looking for some contacts. None of you have any idea what he's going to write about or where else he's tried to find contributors...

Shut up with your rationality!

Shun him!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hello all,

I'm a journalist at ITN looking to speak to gay Albion fans about homophobic chanting this season. If there's anyone up for telling me their views and experiences from this season, would be great to hear from you. My email's johnny.mcdevitt@itn.co.uk

aw9ehj.png

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
That's not the point being made.

Irrespective of how many gay fans any given football club has - and I agree with Baron Pepperpot, I don't see that Brighton has more pro rata than any other club - it's the extent to which there is homophobic abuse/banter, and I would suspect a fair whack of it is at Brighton matches, home and away.

I think this is right. But I don't think he would necessarily need to seek out gay Brighton fans. From what I hear some of the truly vile occasions have not fallen in the more sanitised, banter like, chants that most Albion fans brush off inside the ground. I heard about some dreadful things said to some bloke about his young son on the periphery of the ground (Millwall fans I think). The whole thing is ultimately about standards and values and what is acceptable and what is not.

It appears on Twitter the journo has requested information about the Ipswich Town video. I rather hope he reads little into that coverage less our portrayal be a negative one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's a bigger gay population in Manchester than Brighton, i would think. Is he going to start trawling Man City message boards or Oldham message boards for his 'research'? Or perhaps just pander to lazy stereotypes instead?

Man City and also Watford (Elton John connection) also get gay abuse from away fans but not to the extent that Brighton fans do.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bedwetting widely supported on this thread.
Why does this subject elicit such a ridiculously OTT reaction?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Bedwetting widely supported on this thread.
Why does this subject elicit such a ridiculously OTT reaction?

It probably just shows that so many of us regularly dine with Aslan and are a little touchy when we think someone is on to us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here