Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Marriage - The Vote

The vote is for the creation of Gay Marriage...

• Total voters

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Thank you, but I am in a perfectly happy relationship with my boyfriend and require no help whatsoever, nor, to the best of my knowledge, do any of my friends of the relevant persuasion.
I am happy for you and your partner but there remain many who are not in your position. You should understand I have not gone out of my way to be involved they come to me because they know I listen, I care and will help if they want. Sometimes things are not so pleasant. I have a court date in a couple of weeks involving a gay man and his sexual assault on disabled boys. Life is not always as you might wish.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I am happy for you and your partner but there remain many who are not in your position. You should understand I have not gone out of my way to be involved they come to me because they know I listen, I care and will help if they want. Sometimes things are not so pleasant. I have a court date in a couple of weeks involving a gay man and his sexual assault on disabled boys. Life is not always as you might wish.

There is something in the tone of your posts which I find very sinister and unpleasant.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Surely this is due to the man being a paedophile, not a gay man?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Surely this is due to the man being a paedophile, not a gay man?

Something about people's prejudices and ignorance here. We have lived in the same house for nearly thirty years, most of that time with a gay couple next door. We have two daughters who were aaged about 4 and 2 when the neighbours moved in - they have been about the best neighbours you could ever have, it has to be said.

In one or two conversations I had with people about it, the combination of little girls plus Gay neighbours more than once elicited the response of "Oh, doesn't that worry you?". To which the response was "They are normal (i.e. not paedophile) gay men, not heterosexual paedophiles.

One of my daughters is now in a gay relationship. Should I blame it on the neighbours? Should I blame it on one of the teachers she had at primary School who was gay? Of course not. It is just the way she is, the way she is made, and she is still my daughter! We are looking forward to the Civil ceremony later this year..... which is what this thread was originally all about. They are happy with a Civil ceremony, I hasten to add, as far as I know, but I wouldn't have any problem with them getting "married". Life is too short to get wound up about such things.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Something about people's prejudices and ignorance here. We have lived in the same house for nearly thirty years, most of that time with a gay couple next door. We have two daughters who were aaged about 4 and 2 when the neighbours moved in - they have been about the best neighbours you could ever have, it has to be said.

In one or two conversations I had with people about it, the combination of little girls plus Gay neighbours more than once elicited the response of "Oh, doesn't that worry you?". To which the response was "They are normal (i.e. not paedophile) gay men, not heterosexual paedophiles.

One of my daughters is now in a gay relationship. Should I blame it on the neighbours? Should I blame it on one of the teachers she had at primary School who was gay? Of course not. It is just the way she is, the way she is made, and she is still my daughter! We are looking forward to the Civil ceremony later this year..... which is what this thread was originally all about. They are happy with a Civil ceremony, I hasten to add, as far as I know, but I wouldn't have any problem with them getting "married". Life is too short to get wound up about such things.
Pictures ?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think Gay people should be allowed to get married - they should be allowed to get married in church, the individual churches should be allowed to refuse marriage with out fear of legal sanction - Gay couples will find progressive and more enlightened churches who will carry out the marriage - like churches that marry divorced people. I believe in equality and cannot imagine a debate saying should Black people be allowed to marry or poor people being able to marry.

Live and let live and be tolerant - if you dont beleive in gay marriage dont marry a gay person simples really.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
My best mate is Gay and he is totally against it !!
Not sure why he is, as he isnt religious or anything quite a few of the Gay community are i believe !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here